Re: East Coast Family

Got an email from Sheila Harrison.  She too is OK.  Had rain, winds and some branches & trees down.  Some homes were damaged, but her and her family are OK.  She was without internet for a few days, but comparatively speaking, that is not so bad.

Sheila is the lady whose husband was one of the few who was approved for CC being related to his time in VietNam and is a great advocate and help to all of us who are still trying to get approval.    Glad she is OK.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Darla, again many thanks. And this is a good reminder about Shiela and her work with the VA. We so appreciate her efforts. The more time has gone on the more I believe that Teddy acquired his CC in Korea! Now that I think of it we were both extremely healthy until we married each other 18 year ago!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Laurie,
Thinking of you and keeping your family in my prayers during this very stressful and emotional time.  Willow

Willow

Laurie,

So sorry to hear what you both are going through right now, as if you haven't got enough to deal with already. I do agree with letting the docs know about this confusion if you can and see what they say about it. Thinking of you both right now.

Best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks Darla for letting us know about Sheila and Joyce as well.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thinking of you all out there in Sandy's vicinity. I hope the storms have passed now and that you are all recovering well.

With love to my amazing CC family

Julia xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Laurie...I hope that power has been restored and for you and Dan to be back in your home.  Laurie, has the hospice nurse seen Dan within the last few days?  Is Dan still presenting with strange behavior?  If so then you may want to ask whether Dan's confused state of mind may be related to Hepatic Encephalopathy.
I am sending all my love your way,
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thank you all for the kinds words of support.  The hospice nurse was here today and thinks his confusion was because we were notnatnhome.  She says lots of patients on high doses of narcotics have similar issues and need to be reoriented.  He's now more clear headed but his emotions are high. 
Marion, thanks for the suggestion About hepatic encephalopathy.  I'll look into it.

L.

Laura.....given that today the confusion is less apparent I would feel comfortable with the nurse's evaluation of his symptoms.  Oh Laura, I can't wait to hear for power to be restored so that you and Dan can return to your home.  Please keep us posted.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Our power has been restored!!!!  What a relief to be back in our own home.  Even our dog is happy. She jumped up on our bed and went straight to sleep.

YIPEE! You got the POWER, Laurie. Hopefully everything will calm down now. There is NO place like home! Thanks for all the updates too.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Good to hear.  Hopefully things will slowly get back to "normal", what ever that is.  smile

Love,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I didn't see this thread. Sorry for not chiming in. Southeastern PA got some hard hits, although I only lost power for an hour or so. And NJ took a beating. I have friends who just got their power back around Thurs. Some of the NJ neighborhoods had Halloween Sat.
My immediate neighborhood got away pretty good. A bunch of trees down and some houses damaged, but nothing like the devastation in NJ, parts of NY and other parts of PA and other states.
My church took up collections and some of the parishioners went to some of the neighborhoods with supplies and hands to help. I was about to load my car up with all of my gas cans and driving to my hometown area to help some of my friends out with gas for their generators when I found out most of them had finally had power restored.
I still don't think the NJ transit is completely back to normal. Trains OR busses. But I think it's getting better. I'm also not sure about Long Island. LIRR and bussing systems to NYC, etc.
To anyone seriously affected: I hope you all have power restored and can get the help you need to get life back to "normal". Funny (ironic) thing to write on this website.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, many thanks for the update and so happy you didn't get hit too bad. I am trying to remember, isn't Friday your big day for an answer on the Scan?

Monday is the big day. I'm going to pull Dr. K's hair out for making me wait so long!!! (wouldn't that be fun!!)

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, I agree...too long of a wait.hugs

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Kris, totally agree, you don't need the extra stress! I have recently switched to MDA in Phoenix and they set me up for a CT Scan, and LABS in Dec, followed by my new ONC with results the next day. I was just elated! I have always said to myelf that no news is good news, so I am banking on that. Hang in, girl!

Kris,

I'll come over and help! Grrrrrrrr!!! Praying for great news. Love you, girl.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.