Topic: Really,Artificial Liver?

Hi,everyone,

http://www.fiercebiotech.com/story/vita … e=internal

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Really,Artificial Liver?

I don't understand. Why would the artifical liver cartridges be packed with cancerous cells to filter toxins and synthesize proteins in plasma. The cancerous cells are what I don't get. Am I reading this wrong?

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Percy, this is unbelievable! One day people may be able to walk in to a Body Parts Store that is not for Cars!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

You can read more about the technology on the company web site:

http://www.vitaltherapies.com/technology.html

Note how they call them "immortal" cells rather than cancerous cells.

The key to the ELAD system is the proprietary C3A human hepatocyte cell line, licensed from the Wistar Institute in Philadelphia and further developed by Baylor College of Medicine. This is an immortal cell line that is grown in ELAD cartridges, then stored and shipped worldwide from VTI’s San Diego production facility. The cartridges are then incorporated into an extracorporeal blood pumping system at the patient’s bedside. The cells have been shown to perform most of the metabolic functions of normal liver cells in laboratory experiments.

Thanks for this Percy. Very exciting if it can be done!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

And thanks to you, dear Eli, for helping us sort through all of this.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I agree, Marion. Thank you, Eli.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.