Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a happy thanksgiving!
I'm sorry I haven't been around a lot the past few months. I have been doing good and feeling great for the most part. My sinuses give me more problems than the cancer. Haha

I wanted to let each of you know how thankful I am for you. This site has been a life line for me, and I have made some awesome friends here.

Anyway-- I hope everyone has a blessed thanksgiving!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

I was also going to tell y'all I will be having a biopsy in the next week or so. Dr. Javle wants to get a good look at my tumor structure. Hopefully, it will give us answers on how to better control this cancer while I wait for transplant.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Tiff...you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Good luck with the biopsy.  And, when you are up to it please, let us know the results.
Again, enjoy your holiday.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Tiff,

A Happy Thanksgiving to you! Doing good and feeling great, yep, that sounds good to me! Positive thoughts coming your way for the biopsy, and you know my fingers will be crossed as well for the best possible outcome.

Enjoy your cooking and the eating of your Turkey! smile

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  It was 3 years ago this week that was first diagnosed with this cancer. I am thankful everyday for this site and the people on it.  I am thankful for being here to say I am thankful too!

Good luck on the biopsy Tiff.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, congratulations to you! 3 years is a big  milestone! Wishing for you to celebrate many, many more years to come!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Randi...Thanksgiving is such an appropriate day for the news you are sharing.  Congratulations.  This is fantastic news.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanx Marion and Lainy!  I feel very blessed to have your support and the support of everyone here.  Thanksgiving always has a special meaning for me.  Unfortunately I have always been diagnosed with cancer around Thanksgiving, but I've had many Thanksgivings to also enjoy and be grateful.

((Hugs))
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi,

Congratulations on a wonderful milestone and wishing you many, many more!! I hope you have the happiest of Thanksgivings.

Tiff,

Have a great Thanksgiving and best of luck with the biopsy.

I am so thankful for this wonderful site and the precious people I have come to know and love. God bless you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Tiff:

Thank you for the holiday wishes, and I'm glad you are feeling so well. I hope the biopsy goes well and gives your doctor useful information.

Randi:

Congratulations on a remarkable milestone!

This is a milestone for us as well...although a lesser one. I was diagnosed a year ago today, the day before Thanksgiving. It was a difficult holiday for my wife, our boys, and the rest of the family. So, this year we feel especially blessed to be together and in (relatively) good health.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, with appreciation for your friendship and support.

Best wishes, Mark and Jeannemarie

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Americans! Hope you all have a great day and enjoy your turkeys!!

And congratulations to you Randi!! Great stuff!!! smile

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

12 (edited by randigb Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:31:23)

Thanx Gavin!  What will you be eating during our American Thanksgiving? Hagus?  wink

Thanx Pam and Mark!  Congrats to you Mark, a great milestone as well.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody,I hope all prayers are answered,and you all continue to do great.Thank you all for being here,and helping through this journey with my husband love you all....Hugs   Lynn

I wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving as well! 
I am so thankful to have this group!  It is the most useful resource and source of support I have come across since diagnosis 1 1/2 yrs ago.

This time last year I weighed 104lbs and had a few tablespoons of Thanksgiving dinner and couldn't keep it down.  I was so sick just finishing radiation.
This year I am 120lbs smile and can't wait to eat!
Gavin, I'll even have a plate for you! I've had Hagus before and I must say I'd rather have turkey!

Gobble Gobble,

Susie

Greetings everyone,

First of all "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" As you may already know about my wife Ginger diagnosis.She is doing good and she's scheduled for a Chemo treatment on Friday.This year we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our place.Im just so grateful that we found all you wonderful people and that Ginger is still we us.This Holidays are going to be special and emotional,since Gingers CC diagnosis was in August and it has changed our lives dramatically.We hope and pray for cure of CC.Once again Thanks for all your supportive love and prayers.

To Nancy in Torrance .Hope Jeff is doing well.

Hi,
May the love and grace of Jesus Christ, extend His blessings to your entire family through out this holiday and beyond.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

greynosa....I wish for a happy and loving holiday. 
Hugs,
Marion

Hope that you are enjoying my plate of turkey Susie...... and I sure hope that your plate this year is sooo much bigger than last years!! smile

And just to correct you and Randi, it is Haggis and not Hagus! My national dish and you both get it wrong.....tut tut!! wink

Enjoy!

Greynosa, I hope that you and Ginger have a great day today and I hope also that Ginger's chemo goes well tomorrow. My fingers are crossed for Ginger and please let us know how she gets on with it.

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Dear Greynosa, there is nothing like a Thanksgiving at home with those we love.
I am sure it is emotional but so many emotions are good and good to let emotions come out. Wishing Ginger best of luck tomorrow with her chemo and in the meantime enjoy today!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Happy Thanksgiving day from this side of the pond. 

Relax and enjoy.

Gerry

Happy thanksgiving everyone.  I'm thankful for this website and all of the caring people  that share their stories and advise.  Dan is too Ill to get out or to have company so were having an intimate dinner   for 2.  Hopefully my cooking won't make him worse LOL!

Laurie

Oh my gosh Gavin...I even looked up haggis and still spelled it wrong!!  Perhaps my punishment should be having to actually eat some tongue

Laurie, I have been wondering how you and Dan are doing. I think an intimate dinner for 2 sounds like just the ticket! It could have even been McDonald's as long as the 2 of you were together.

Laurie....enjoy, enjoy your day.  Thinking of you
Hugs,
Marion

Hi Lainy, Your so right as long as we were together it was a wonderful thanksgiving.  I saw that your holiday was exiting!!!

Marion, thanks for thinking of us.

Laurie