Topic: CT and PET scan results!!!!!

I get to post in the good news section!!!!! I couldn't wait to get home to post this!!!
To recap: I had stereotactic radiation in June/July and just got the results of the 8 week scans. The CT scan was not clear enough, so they ordered a PET scan for last Friday. I was very nervous about it. I have had a few let downs the past 6 months or so.
So here's the news:
The CT showed the nodes to be necrotic. One is larger, but both show signs of necrosis. The tumor is harder to see or judge, because of the radiation and embolizations. (the not so good news: there is a small indeterminate mass in another section of my liver). The tumor appears stable in the CT scan.
So they ordered a PET scan.
The PET scan showed mild uptake which Dr. K says is good. It also states the adenopathy noted on the CT scan is "probably" treated disease and is not hypermetabolic.
I think that deserves a YAY! Yes, the cancer is still there, and I don't know if I am going to get my surgery. I meet with the surgeon Friday. But stable and/or dying I will take any day of the week!!!!
Now that I am through this, I will try to get on here again more often and be the cheerleader that you all know and love (you know you love me!!) smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: CT and PET scan results!!!!!

Oh, Kris, do we ever love you and do I LOVE your report!  YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yes, we do love you, Kris!!! Your report is awesome! Yay for you and getting to post in the Good News section finally!!!!!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

4 (edited by marions Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:32:00)

Kris....fantastic news.  Don't ever doubt our love for you because; we are with you, behind you and beside you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris that is fabulous news!  I loved seeing your name on a post in the good news section!  congrats.

((Hugs))
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi,
God did answer my little prayer for you.
Praise The Lord.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

That is a great report, Kris. Congratulations!

Great news Kris!

Congrats, Kris! Hope surgery comes next!

Willow

YES Kris!!!! Happy for you!!
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Hi Kris,

Congratulations!!! A great report and well deserved of a yay!!!!!! Hope that the good news continues for you with the surgery!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kris

This is terrific news.....so happy for you!

Nancy

Kris. Feeling so happy for you. Looking forward to more good news again

Take care
Ilias

Sounds wonderful! Congratulations!!!
Alla

Awesome news! Congrats Kris!

What a great news!!!  I'm so happy for you Kris :-)

Good news was tempered somewhat. Will probably never have a resection because of the lymph nodes. Dr. Fong is happy with the scan, tho. He said if it keeps dying that's good. The tumor still shows activity, but it has slowed down.
He want to possibly talk oblation in Feb. or March. Easier surgery but means I will never be cancer free.
I keep saying I can live with cancer if I can stay healthy for a few years. Since I know how bad this cancer is... but it's still scary to hear.
I could ask for more, but it's still good news. It hasn't spread any more and it hasn't grown either.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, as long as there are other options, and as long as you are keeping the CC held down, it is good news. Who knows, you may be that special person who keeps it all at bay without surgery. Now we need you to readjust your thinking and be the little engine that could. You have a lot going for you, good ONC, good Scans, good attitude. Like Teddy would say, it is what it is and now let's fix it! Sending you much love.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Laing: I agree it's good news. But still scary to be told by the doc that I will never be "cured". He asked me if I understood that. I do. I just pray to stay healthy. If we can keep it from getting me sick, and/or spreading its a good thing. I will take that. I would LOVE to keep it at bay for at least 5 years. And who knows? The oblation MIGHT just kill the tumor and then I would just have to accept that it would return. Best outcome at present and one I will pray for.

KrisJ

Kris, I will be cheering you all along the way! I think you have a good goal in mind and then who knows, by the time you reach that goal, what may be discovered. And, hey, if you need to warm up this winter, I sure don't mind the company!

Kris....the news is still very good, dear Kris.  This cancer can be treated similar to that of a chronic disease long in duration and generally slow progressing.  For the present I am thrilled to know that another game plan is in store for you.  And, who knows what the future holds?  Research is increasing for our disease and the next good thing might very well be around the corner. 
Hugs to you,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I agree with Lainy and Marion, Kris. You have done great so far and as long as you can improve or stay the same, that's ok. But what I really want is for a cure and for you to have it. I will keep on hoping and praying for you. You are such a great person.
Love, -Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Kris, I will never be "cured" either.
But what does cure mean? Nothing to be seen on scan or living a good life? What's most important? Maybe we have to aim for living and staying health and skip the clean-scan-part?

At least I think that this is possible. It's been possible for me the last 2,5 years.
At my visit to the doctor the other day (stable disease) you could really start wondering who was sick/healthy... Comparing me, the nurse and my doctor I don't think anybody would have guessed I was the one with the bad diagnosis.

What is health, what is disease, what is CANCER? Words trying to describe something, but life is much bigger than that. Much more complicated and not so black and white. Typically humans wanting to put everything in nice little boxes, classified and easy to understand.

Here's to us and to a nice day above earth smile ( November in Sweden.... dark, rain, cold...well, let's give ita try wink )

Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Maria, thank you for your beautiful words of wisdom, befitting for anyone! We do need to remember in life that words are just words. Over here in Phoenix it is sunny, 75o and beautiful. Again thank you, Maria, I have read and reread your post!

Love your post, Maria. You are one smart, insightful lady!!