1 (edited by Andie Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:38:34)

Topic: Hi CC family!!

Hi to all my cc family,

Hope you are all ok.  It has been a long time since I posted but I promise I do check in on the site often. Often from my phone so it's more difficult to post.  The last few days in the UK have been wet, wet, wet so I'm curled up by the fire on the laptop.

It's been 21 months since I lost my precious Dad and I really don't know where that time as gone.  Writing it down it seems a long time  but it feels like only yesterday.  This year has been worse, perhaps because the first year seemed to be a haze.  It will be Dads 65th birthday next month and of course Christmas.  This year, for the first time in my 37 years we will be having Christmas at our house with Mom and Nan.  Nan is 85 and still very active, she has always cooked Christmas dinner but it's so hard seeing Dads empty chair at the table so we are having a change of location.  Nan will probably still help though, I don't think she will be able to trust us with the Turkey lol. I am looking forward to putting the tree up and decorating the house and Christmas table!

Mom is still up and down, birthdays and Christmas are hard, as many of you know, so at the moment she is a bit down.  The dark, damp weather doesn't help either.  BUT she has made lots of progress and I am really proud of her. My husband has been wonderful with Mom to, he certainly has kept his promise to Dad that he would look after her.

My son is now 11 and at secondary school, which he loves, so that is a relief! He loves the fact Dad went to the same school. He's still keeping me on my toes!!

Lainy, from your question on the other post, yes Jacket Potatoes are potatoes cooked in the oven with skin on, crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle.

I managed to meet up with Julia and Liz from the site, which was lovely. We had a  lovely time and I'm sure there will be many more get togethers.

Dads work friends are holding another Charity Quiz night in Dads memory next month, in total we have raised £3400 ish for AMMF, Dad would have been overwhelmed by this and it's lovely that they are keeping his memory alive, though how could we ever forget such a wonderful man.

Take care and hugs to everyone of you

Andie xx

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: Hi CC family!!

Andie, thanks for the wonderful update. I understand how Mom and you feel. The first Holiday season for me was last year and not sure why but this year was a little tougher. Perhaps because at this time Teddy was creating his big village and all the other things we would do to get ready for Christmas. I can't believe your son is 11 and how wonderful that he is going to his Grandfather's school. That is so awesome.
Christmas at your house sounds lovely. No matter the circumstances there comes a time when it is nice that our daughters take over. Mmmm think I will tell Robin that.
She did offer but I was not ready to give up Thanksgiving. I think its time for me to stop being a martyr! I wish for all to continue to go well for your family and sending you lots and lots of love.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Andie!
It is nice to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing as well as can be expected. It must be so difficult around the holdidays as I know you loved and still love your Dad so much. Wet, dreary weather doesn't do much to lift your spirits either. Maybe a change of places will help this year. I wish you all the happiest of holidays. All the best.
Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Ande....thanks so much for the personal update.  I too understand the difficulties we encounter during the holidays.  It takes a few years before a noticeable measure of comfort sets in, but I must admit that even at our house we yearn for the traditions of the past.  You made a good decision by changing locations. 
Your little guy is not so little anymore - so happy to hear that he is attending his grandpas school.
Wish I could have joined you, Julia, and Liz at your gathering. I absolutely love meeting in person the one's we connect with on this site. We share a special bond.
Kudos on the fundraiser too.  Helen is doing a fantastic job representing this cancer on behalf of the CC patient community.  The additional funding will be used wisely by her.
I wish for a lovely holiday and am sending tons of hugs your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER