Topic: Considering seeking a third opinion
At this point on my journey I have been told by two Oncologists that I have advanced stage 4 adenocarcinoma. I was told that after 6 more months of chemo we would see if the tumors are continuing to respond to treatment ( as they have already with a 1/2 cm. shrinkage) and then we could consider possilbe other options. I was told that I am inoperable and that there is not a Dr. in the US that would consider opening me up because of the risk of spreading the cancer.
I feel as if I need to do something more, but I am not sure where to start. My Oncologists office faxed over 50 pages of medical records to the Barnes Noble Hospital for Dr. Chapman, over a month ago, and I still haven't heard anything back.
I am sure that many others have been in my position, I am just really scared and know that I need to do something. I should't just settle for the waiting game. I don't know how much time I have. No one has ever given me that information. I am otherwise quite healthy. My billirubin is actually almost normal, and my liver enzymes are elevated. The only symptoms I experience are my food not digesting properly, and an occasional pain in my side.
I have one large tumor this is 8.5 cm. surrounding the main bile duct. I also have 4 other sattelite tumors that are on both lobes of the liver. The cancer is contained within the liver, but the Dr.'s say it has metastisized within the liver.
Thank you for listening to me rant, I think this group is wonderful and I am so glad that I found you all!!! Any advice right now would be great!!! Thank you so much!!!