Topic: 10 things a doctor changed his practice after ASCO,2012

Hi, everyone,

http://www.oncologystat.com/viewpoints/ … _ASCO.html

read the 1st paragraph about switching 5fu infusion to oral capecitabine.
read #5,7,and 8 if you are short of time.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: 10 things a doctor changed his practice after ASCO,2012

Hi Percy,

Here's the 1st paragraph:

I have switched from infusional 5-FU to Xeloda as preoperative therapy for rectal cancer.

Bold font mine.

This is not a blank recommendation to choose Xeloda over 5-FU in all types of cancer.

Re: 10 things a doctor changed his practice after ASCO,2012

Hi, Eli,
I understand it is for rectal cancer and preoperative; May be I should clarify more . (and it is nothing to do with the above citation since I look at a lot of article today.)
That is I should add "lately I have seen a lot of 5FU infusion pump used (48hr) instead of 5FU infusions for a few hours at the chemotherapy treatment center for colon and other cancers in the place I work;I have also read about Xeloda being used in chemo-radiation instead of 5FU." But of course I do not know whether it is for CCA or not.

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.