Topic: Sensitive Subject---Quality over Quantity of Life or...

Hi, everyone,

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/nyreg … -love.html

God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Sensitive Subject---Quality over Quantity of Life or...

Percy, thanks for the "bittersweet" article. It shows how strong people can be when they need to and it shows how wonderful outsiders will be if you let them. I am thankful that Teddy was always telling me to be strong. Even the morning  they were rolling him to surgery for his 2nd Whipple, all his kids and my kids and Grandkids were there and as everyone kissed him he told them he loved them and I was the last. He kissed me and said Be Strong. He figured I already knew he loved me and it was more important to him that I be strong and he was right. So, I do understand where this daughter pulled at all her strength!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi, Lainy,
This shows one thing that a few of us can do on this board for other things;but ONLY you can explain the passion and emotional dimension on this kind of tough issue so privately and provide comfort to those who have difficulty to accept the reality.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Thanks Percy. I believe in telling the truth but gently. I asked my daughter what is wrong with me that I seem to be able to walk Caretakers through the end and she said, nothing, Mom, it is a gift. I wish we didn't have to be here and that all our gifts were wrapped with beautiful bows that meant, we are here beause we are healthy!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.