Topic: Cycle For Survival!

Memorial Sloan Kettering and Equinox gyms sponsor the 7th annual 'Cycle For Survival' fundraising event to fund clinical trials for RARE CANCER in early 2013.  I formed a team (8 of us ladies) for the San Francisco event on Feb 2nd.  It should be lots of fun and not too demanding physically.  They will clear out these big, fancy Equinox gyms and fill them with 'spin' (stationary) bikes.  Each team relay-rides for 4 hours (that's only 30 minutes per person...piece of cake!). 
If you're interested in forming a team, there are Cycle For Survival events across the nation in major cities in Jan/Feb.   I contacted M.S.K. to make sure that some of the $ raised has gone specifically to cholangiocarcinoma research studies and it has! 

Check it out at CycleForSurvival.org

Willow

Re: Cycle For Survival!

Thanks for the Post, Willow and it is GREAT that some of the money goes to CC. Good job and we will be anxious to hear how you do.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Willow....this is wonderful.  Corinne Croce participated in the Cycle for Survival in honor of her brother Nick at Sloan this year and it was a huge success.
http://cholangiocarcinoma.org/wp/?s=riding+for+Nick

Thank you for spreading the word and for engaging in this worthwhile activity.  I am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thank You, Marion and Lainey for the support!

In Fact, it was Corinne's post on THIS website (in the "loose-leaf notebook") that brought the Cycle For Survival to my attention! 

I viewed the post about Nick and thought "I can do that!"   My sister with CC designed our team T-shirt.  It's understated and feminine, but she made sure to put 'cholangio carcinoma' on it. Because this is for money for many kinds of rare cancers, we wanted to be sure to represent those with CC.

Our team is 'team gratitude' and I am the team captain (under real name) at the SF Feb 2nd event. I gathered from your posts that you are not far from me (I live in Vacaville).

Willow

Willow...so happy to see that you are bringing this event to the West Coast.  I am contemplating of joining in (if possible) and will stay in touch with you. I also wanted to mention that GI ASCO, San Francisco, is coming up in January.  Our Lesley, a three year survivor, is joining me again, as is our Michelle from Los Angeles.  Being that you are so close in vicinity, you might want to consider spending a day with us. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

What is the date?

Willow

Willow:  January 24-26, 2013 | Moscone West Building | San Francisco, California.  Generally I am alllowed three additional advocates, but must check into this again.  I will keep you posted.
Thanks for considering.
Hugs,
Marion

I won't be available that week, but  a sincere thank you for considering me.

Willow

You are welcome, Willow.  There always is a next time too.
Hugs,
Marion