Topic: Scan results for Lauren

Hi Everyone,

Lauren had scans yesterday at U of M. She had minimal shrinkage of all her tumors except one tiny one that grew like .2 cm. We are very happy since she has only been on Xeloda for the past month. Her doctor now has her on Gemzar and Xeloda every two weeks. He also wants her to participate in a study where they biopsy the liver and check the cells to see what chemo will work best for her. She is happy to participate. I think that will happen in January. We are so happy to hear such great news around the holidays. Thanks for all of your prayers.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Scan results for Lauren

What a great early Christmas present for your family! I'm very happy for you. Hopefully 2013 will bring the perfect combo of chemo and it will be on the shrinkage course to oblivion. Congratulations!
                                          Dianne

Pam and Lauren, YES, YES, YES, That is just want we want for CHRISTMAS, shrinkage. Don't even put a bow on it, good enough the way it is and we will take more shrinkage for New Years. You are blessed!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hey Pamela

Congratulations. I am so happy for the both of you. As Lainy says. "YIPPEE". I hope there is no trademark on it lol.

Take care
Ilias

Pam, thanks for updating us so quickly!  Been thinking of you all today!  This is awesome news and just what your family needed!  I am so proud of Lauren!  She is one strong woman!

Ilias, no Trademarks, it is an honor for you to borrow from me!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Well then I am throwing in my YIPPEE as well!!  great news for sure.  Merry Christmas!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam and Lauren, congratulations!!! This is fantastic news. So happy to hear it!

Thanks for sharing your good news, so happy for u and your family.

Happy Holidays!!!!

Pam and Lauren....now how come you knew how to make our Christmas brighter?  CONGRATULATIONS. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

congratulation!!! so happy for you. hope she gets better and better soon.

Great news!!

It will make for a very Merry Christmas indeed!

-Susie

That is so great to hear. Bless you Pam and Lauren!

Willow

Thank you everyone. I feel a great deal of relief for Lauren and so does our family. I can't help but feel bad for all that are fighting and struggling with this cancer that have not received good news. I hope and pray every day that a cure can be found. God bless you all.
Love, -Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Pam,

This is great news, woo hoo!!!! Well chuffed for you and Lauren and what a great way to start your Christmas off!!

Hugs to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

This is GREAT NEWS!
Wonderful! Happy for you!
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Pam
So very happy to hear the wonderful news about Lauren....good news gives all of us so much hope...thank you for sharing!
Nancy

Thank you, Gavin, Maria, and Nancy.

What wonderful news!! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Andie x

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Thank you, Andie. It is nice to hear from you. Have a Merry Christmas as well!!

-Pam