Topic: inspiring article

A friend sent me this small article by Stephen Jay Gould called "The Median is the Message" and I found it so very helpful. A must read about those "statistics" we all fear. You will feel much better if you read this.
http://people.umass.edu/biep540w/pdf/St … 0Gould.pdf

Re: inspiring article

It should be noted that he wrote this in 1982 and lived until 2002 !

Love the article and betzeegirl's comment.  So there, statistics. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Holly, Just read this now; loved it! Merry Christmas to you. Hugs. Nancy

Loving my husband from afar.

I read this article every once in a while and always find it insipiring.  On a more personal note, my husband was diagnosed in 2002 with a very rare pulmonary sarcoma.  They removed part of his lung but we knew his chances for long-term survival were not very good.  In fact, the oncologist who treated him at the time recently told us that he has never known of anyone with that condition living longer than a year.  Ten years have now passed and the sarcoma has never returned.  My husband is now dealing with cholangiocarcinoma but we know from personal experience that it is possible to beat the odds.