Topic: Scan next week...scanxiety

Hi all,

I have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday (12/18).  It is my first scan since July and the longest I have gone without a scan since diagnosis.  I have a oncology appointment scheduled for Friday (12/21) but usually my internist calls with the results when she gets them.  I feel great, but I am soooo nervous about it. 

So any good thoughts you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and today is the 3rd anniversary of my Whipple procedure.  I certainly didn't think I would be alive to celebrate it, but look, here I am!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Scan next week...scanxiety

Hi, Randi, Girl! I expect to hear GOOD things! I went this last Wed. and my Scan was perfecto. I want yours to be the same! Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary, not an easy feat so that deserves a YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

thanx Lainy.  I am going to try and go into this scan with a good attitude.

Congrats on your good scan.  They really need some Hallmark cards for this occasion, don't you think?

-R

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Randi,

Scanxiety, grrrr.......... I felt that when my dad was up for his scans as well, not nice. But, stay positive and focus on your positives right now. Your 3 year anniversary, superb! Focus on that and where you are now and where you have come from since your diagnosis and whipple. Just a thought off of the top of my head!

Or look at it this way.... you've been majorly kicking CC butt biiiig time in these 3 years and winning! Getting on with life, enjoying life and feeling great as you say! Sounds good to me as does continuing with that!

Hallmark Card, sounds good. On the card... a picture of a CC butt and you booting it repeatedly!!!  smile

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

HAHA you guys may be on to something.

Here's to you cause your the best
Hope you pass your next MRI Test!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Nice one Lainy!!

Look at me standing here today,
Kicking your butt every way!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I was trying to come with a rhyme but couldn't think of one!
How about:

The scan you had you surely passed,
because you are kicking cancer's ass!

Yay Randi, good one!! smile

I had a scan and all was clear,
Absolutely no sign of you here!

My goodness Gavin, I didn't know you had this hidden talent!

HEY, CC, you think you are tough?
You haven't see me when I've had enough!

And if you think I've had enough,
You really are talking guff!

Right now I might be feeling nervous,
Next week though you'll be jealous!

Why is that you might say?
Cos I've kept your crap at bay!

You took your shot and now you've lost,
And I fought you at any cost!

You thought you had me on the floor,
Get out of here and there's the door!

Did you think that you had won?
Well I am sitting in the sun!

Enjoying life with every day,
And that is just the only way!

Bravo Gavin!  You are a poet for sure. big_smile

Ha, ha...just completed my report on the conference, somewhat tired, took some time to recall and compose the notes, and here I see this lovely thread.
Anyway, Randi, the 18th was a lucky day for me - the birth of my daughter.  Can't beat our poets, but I feel that good luck is coming your way too.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Gavin, marvelous! And when I read it I had a little "RAP" going!

Hang in there Randi!

Willow

There once was a gal named Rand-i
The toughest cc-fighter in the land-i
She went to a scan with trepidation
But came out with elation
As out burst a clear! song from the band-i!!

Thinking all good thoughts. You have rocked this thing!

Holly

Hi,Lainy,
It seems you have a lot of competition now,
But you are still  the one and only  Lainy,.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Oh my goodness, somewhere in all this poetry I see a fundraiser?
Or maybe not. But it was fun for a little humor. We have many talented people on this Board.

Yay a rapping Lainy!!! Love it!!!

Of course, young man. I may be old but I am still breathing!!!!!  Well, almost.

Very glad to hear that you are still breathing Momma, and rapping more as well no doubt!!! smile

Fundraising ideas? A poetry book as you say...... and a new rap track as well from you!!!

smile

Holly!  That is an amazing rhyme, thank you so much!  I will repeat it when I am in the MRI machine. Usually I sing "row row row your boat" but I will try alternating all the rhymes in this thread instead.

I am still smiling reading this and picturing Lainy rapping Gavin's poem! big_smile

Ok guys, I want to get in on this.
Her goes.

Randi had her scans today.
For good news we all did pray.

Everything looks clear
the doctor said with a cheer.

And Randi shouted Yay
all day!!

Good luck Randi and I wish you all the best.
Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanx Pam!  smile that's great!

I agree!  So much talent amongst you guys!  Awesome.  I'm wondering if Randi has an update on her scan yet.  I hope it went ok!!!