Topic: new surgeon and local onc not on same page
Hi, It's been a while since my last post.
Since last August I started gem/cis. I had few side effects and I thought it's working well, but my ca19-9 was not going down but up(doubled). CT showed no changes so onc decieded to keep going with same chemo. Mean time I was having lots pain on my right side that they couldn't figure out why I'm having so much pain. They gave me more pain med and watching. Checked tumor marker again a month later. Well it's up again. So I decided to get second opinion with Dr. Fung from Cleveland clinic. They want to do a biopsy on my abdominal area shows some activities on pet/ct. and possible radiation treatment if I'm understanding right. So I cancel chemo for this Friday since I'm schedule for biopsy Monday and email to my local onc with my plan.
I got a call from my local onc with lastest update on ct I took last sunday. Yea I was at er due to major pain on my lower abdonimal, but they couldn't help me much. They say cancer is causing it.
Anyway, my onc said my cancer is spreading to new areas abdonimal wall and rectum areas and not recomm. biopsy or local area treatments. He thinks new chemo would be my only choice. So he is trying to talk me out of going to cleveland clinic. I'm not sure what to do now. I email to Dr.Fung and waiting for his response since he didn't get to see the new ct yet, but my onc email him with new findings. I am so lost, sad and upset! I'm going to pain clinic tomorrow to get a nerve block for my pain. I hope it does.
I don't know what to do!!!! Help All I want to do is cry. With holiday coming up I can't enjoy with my kids I feel so bad for them too. I'm so tired of ups and downs.