Re: Hello

Dear Clarem,
I am really sorry about the surgery. This seems to happen quite frequently with CC. At least you know the doctors tried the surgery, so now you look for other options. I'm sure it was very heartbreaking to hear the news, but chemo makes many with CC feel better. I wish things had turned out differently for your sister. My thoughts are with all of you.
Love and hugs,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Clarem
I'm sorry to hear of this latest set-back.  The treatment of CC is so complex with many twists and round-a-abouts.  I'm pleased you have such a strong medical team and I look forward to hearing about their new plans for your sister.

Take care

Gerry

Dear Clare, I am so sorry about the aborted surgery. Like my Teddy's Surgeon said to us, "Everything depends on what I find when I go in". A good try was given and the important thing is that you have options. I am wishing for a speedy recovery for your Sister so that she can start her next option. Be Strong!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I am also very sorry to hear this news. You're an amazing source of strength and love for your sister as she tries the next approach. Prayers for you and your sister.

Willow

Hi Clare,

I am really sorry to hear this news about your sisters aborted surgery, not the news that you all wanted to hear. But as the others have said, this situation is all too unfortunately common with patients with this cancer and we have seen it many times here, too many times in fact.

But, please. Please do not give up hope at this point as there are other things and treatments that can be tried. And your sister will need you to be strong for her right now. I know it is probably a bit soon right now, but please let us know what your sisters medical team recommend as to the next course of action. And if chemo, what type etc.

Thinking of you and your sister right now and please remember that we are here for you.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Clare
I was so very sad to read your post.   Please don't give up, keep researching and asking questions and no matter how hard try and bring laughter and smiles to your sister every day, it is a wonderful medicine.   Take care of you too.

.... because I can ....

Clare....I too am so very sorry to hear of the aborted surgery.  But, as the others have mentioned, there are other options to persue.  Know that you have a tidal wave of support heading your way.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER