Topic: Back from NIH checkup - good news!!

I just returned from National Institute of Health where I am doing the TIL trial. My check up was great!! No new growth and some small shrinkage overall in my lungs and liver. The docs and scientists are excited with my results, not as much as I am though!! It has been 7 months since I have completed the treatment. I have had no further treatments or chemo of any kind and am still going in the right direction. I hope and pray that my healing continues and that the scientists can find a cure for all of us!!!! Working hard to do my part and thinking of all of you daily!!!  Melinda

Re: Back from NIH checkup - good news!!

OH, Melinda, what wonderful news! Keep up the good work and a big YIPPEE to you!
Now I can go to sleep and have pleasant dreams tonight! Love this kind of post!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wow, Melinda, that's great news!  Best to you for continued health and stability!

Willow

Fabulous news!!  Congrats.

((Hugs))
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I'm very happy to hear that you are doing so well.  My husband also has recurrent intrahepatic CC.  He has just started chemo and is doing pretty well so far but it is always encouraging to hear about a new type of treatment.  Please keep us posted.

That is such great news, Melinda! What exactly was your treatment? I am very happy for you. Take care and keep up the great work!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Melinda,

What great news!!! Hoping that the good news continues for you and looking forward to seeing more of your posts in this section! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Melinda,
Great news! What treatment did you have ? Sounds promising.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Melinda, what WONDERFUL news!!
I´ve been trying to read up on you and get almost breathless... We didn´t do the same treatments even though I´ve done a lot of GemCis as well. I never was resected. BUT apart from that you are one of the few ones I can feel that we have the same disease. I´m even an RN (paramedic, at work right now) just turned 46 diagnosed in April-2010. Still asymptomatic of any signs of cancerous disease (if you don´t look at scans smile That little detail)
Please contact me if you feel like it!

hugs
Maria

No matter whether you think that you can, or that you can´t, you´re right
//Henry Ford

Thanks to all of you!

Pamela and Lisa,
I am currently in a clinical trial at NIH. The treatment was an infusion of my lymphocytes that were taken from my tumors and grown in a lab. In theory, these lymphocytes should attack and kill the tumors. So far I have had success with my treatment, and am praying for continued success.

Maria,
I emailed you from your forum information....looking forward to hearing from you!!

Melinda

Melinda
That is so exciting, thanks for sharing
Hugs,
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Hi Melinda-my name is Tracey and my dad was diagnosed with extrahepatic CC in Sept. 2011.  He was just "kicked out" of a clinical trial at MUSC (had 20% tumor growth), and we need a new plan.  I was so glad to see your post!  Would you be ok with talking with me on the phone?  Thanks!

Tracey....you might also want to try reaching Melinda by clicking on her user name (green wording- mbachini) This will allow you to connect via her personal e-mail.  Just thought to mention.  Good luck.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

This trial sounds really promising! I love that its using your own natural defenses against this cancer. My Mom has bladder cancer which is in remission after a different type of immunotherapy treatment. I am so happy for you that you're better than stable after 7 months with no treatments! Wow!!

Willow

Thank you, Marion..I couldn't figure out how to do that!

You are welcome.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Such good news!!

Fighting CLC since 11-2010. Looking for silver linings every day.