Topic: Suggestions for Discussion Board Guidlines

We have some great minds on these boards, and we'd love to hear your thoughts regarding guidelines for posting on the discussion boards.  Please post your suggestions here!

My suggestions:
No personal attacks
Include support for positive/negative claims regarding hospital/doctor/treatment, or make it clear that it is your opinion
NO SPAM!

30-something caregiver

Re: Suggestions for Discussion Board Guidlines

Hello Sara, here are a set of guidelines from the Johns Hopkins board which I check on a regular basis. These may be of help for a start.

Guidelines for Posting

Dear Friends,
We have provided this site to be a source of information and support for those interested in the management of gallbladder and bile duct cancer.

We are pleased to have your active participation on our site and encourage healthy discussion of the many issues that are posted. Unfortunately, on rare occasions a message will be posted that may be offensive or that personally attacks someone.

We ask for your cooperation in following the guidelines listed here. This will allow everyone to participate and feel comfortable. We will remove postings whose only purpose seems to be to hurt the users of this board or to incite anxiety.

Guidelines:

No rudeness. We encourage differing viewpoints, but express your opinions tactfully. Negative opinions are welcome as long as they are sincere.
No profanity or vulgar language.
No attacks against other users or differing viewpoints.
No posting of multiple messages with the express intent of filling up a chat page or harassing its members.
No advertisements for commercial products (by the manufacturers).
No posting of messages about unlawful activities, including but not limited to the selling or distribution of study drugs, prescription mediciations, or illicit substances.

Richard

Hello!

Hello!  I am new to this site as well as this condition.
I am just trying to gather as much infromation as possible, so as to better understand the condition.
First I should say that my condition is Animacarcinoma, not sure if any help available here, just searching for info.
Any help greatly appreciated!
May God Bless Us All!

Hello G.
welcome to the site.  I am not familiar with Animacarcinoma.  Would you be able to give a bit more information.
Thanks
Marions

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Do you mean Adenocarcinoma?
Patrice

Can you please list the "Discussion Boards" as one of your services in the drop menu on your home web page??  I noticed that it use to be in the dop down menu under "get Involved", but no longer is.  I had to type it in the search box. Thank you.

orlysud wrote:

Can you please list the "Discussion Boards" as one of your services in the drop menu on your home web page??  I noticed that it use to be in the dop down menu under "get Involved", but no longer is.  I had to type it in the search box. Thank you.

It's under Patient Support, it always has been.  smile  thanks!

I think you do a wonderful job, this site is the easiest site to use. It is very easy to navigate with very little computer expierence. I am also involved in a transplant site, but hardly use or post because it is way to confusing and to many choices for sub categories.
Thanks for all you do for CC, thanks for letting me share my story so easily and paying it forward.
Lots of prayers for our CC family-Cathy

I love this site !
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

To Rick (administrator) 

Sorry but for some reason I didn't see it the discussion board in the drop down menu. Perhaps it was in a different order before, like towards the bottom.  Anyway, it's there and that's what counts smile

I wanted to say that this is a wonderful site and I appreciate that I can come here and not only write my thoughts for people who can relate, but also to read others comments.

Thank you again