Topic: Lauren and Gio's trip and then U of M.

I just wanted to let you know that Lauren and Giovanni had a wonderful time in Mexico. Beautiful weather, except it was cloudy and cooler the last two days. They did come home with nice tans! The resort was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. They had fun swimming in the pools and sitting on the beach. Great food and drink.  Lots of fun shopping. They had a blast and would like to go back for their honeymoon! We figured out how to Skype, so we got to see their adorable faces every day! The airlines had a wheelchair waiting for her at each airport if she needed it.  Lauren felt good the whole time they were there. She took a ton of pictures, but hasn't had a chance to post them yet. The day after they got home, we had to head to U of M for 4 days. Tests and liver biopsy for a study she is in. A very long chat with her liver surgeon. I cannot go into detail about that until I get the go ahead from Lauren. Also, 2 visits with her oncologist. I could not be more impressed with her doctors at U of M. They are doing everything possible to help our girl. She has very big decisions to make. Both of her doctors were very pleased with her MRI results. They would be happy with stable, but she is still showing signs of shrinkage and necrosis after a year and five months of fighting this cancer. She has such a positive attitude about all of this and I can't help but feel that helps so much as well as having youth on her side. I will let you know more when I can. Bless you all and thanks for caring.
Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Lauren and Gio's trip and then U of M.

Pam, so glad to hear the "kids" has such a beautiful vacation! Love to hear that we still have a shrinking beauty and looking forward to the rest of the news.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Pam, so happy for you all!  So glad you got the face time with all her doctors!  Can't wait to hear what will be next as I agree Lauren has youth on her side and she can beat this!  So happy they had a wonderful time in Mexico!  Want to see pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful time for Lauren and Gio!  So glad to hear it.  And I look forward to hearing the rest of your news as well.

Take care,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I'm so glad they had a wonderful vacation and happier to hear there was good news from the docs!! Shrinkage and necrosis are two words I never thought I'd like to hear but LOVE hearing them!!
Hugs,

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Lol, Kris.  Nicely said about shrinkage and necrosis!

Pam,  I'm so glad they had a good time on their vacation.  They definitely deserve some fun in the sun!

Keep us posted!

Take care!

Susie

I am happy to hear of Lauren and Gios wonderful Mexican holiday!  Best to all of you as you face those big decisions.

Willow

I'll join the chorus - - how wonderful to see them in my mind's eye on that beach in the sun! Tell Lauren we really enjoy hearing the news, tell her we are happy for her and Gio, that we are thinking of her lot.

Thanks everyone!! I forgot to mention that the liver biopsy went very well. If any of you remember when Lauren had her first biopsy, she felt everything and said it was the most painful thing she had ever been through. I really think last time her iv was not working and she really didn't get any pain meds. We noticed her iv was not flowing very well after the biopsy. So, who knows. This time, we had her port accessed to make sure the good stuff flowed through her body! Lauren also told her pre-op nurse and he made sure to tell the nurse taking care of her in the procedure room to give her extra lidocaine. They numbed the area and went deeper to numb the liver. She did not feel a thing. The nurse looked up who did her last biopsy and told Lauren she couldn't stand that doctor. She said he had no bedside manner and didn't care about his patients. He is no longer at the hospital. I cannot believe there are doctors like that out there. So, I guess the moral to this story is, if you don't like the way you are treated let it be known. This happened at the beginning when Lauren was being diagnosed and I was very naive and didn't know that it shouldn't hurt. Now, if Lauren feels something isn't right, I am courteous and respectful, but find if you go straight to the department head, you get results quickly.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.