Topic: CA 19-9

My 1 1/2 yr post resection scan was in October and it was clean.  My next scan is not until April.  My oncologist ordered me blood work at the half way point between scans.  My Ca 19-9 was only 17!!  That is the lowest it has ever been.
I know the ca 19-9 isn't definitive, but I'll take the low result.  3 months ago it was 27.
God is good.  And it is my 7 yr anniversary today!!  What a great gift!

Take care!

Susie

Re: CA 19-9

Excellent news!  Where did you have your re-section done?  Continue getting those good scans!

UPMC but I get my follow up treatment at OHSU because I live in Oregon.

First of all, Happy Anniversary!!! I wish you many, many more. It is also great that your numbers are so low. I don't care if they are definitive or not, a low number is normal and that is what we all want to be!!! All the best to you and your hubby.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Susie....This is a double - Happy Anniversary and Happy Low Tumor Marker Day.  I am thrilled and expect to hear the same good news for the years to come.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Susie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and love waking up to a post like yours! May the good news keep coming and wishing you a ton of best wishes! YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Happy Anniversary and low marker day!!  Great news.  Thanx for sharing.

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Happy anniversary and happy news!!! Wonderful to hear!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Susie,

Great to hear about the low counts. Happy Anniversary!

Best wishes,
Eli