Re: My Apologies

Thank you, Marion. I will keep sweet Lainy in my prayers.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Please send along all of my good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery and for them to get to the bottom of the problem!

((Hugs))
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

My dearest Lainy,

So sorry to hear you haven't been too well, hopefully next time I check in on my cc family you will be back online.

Sending lots of love, hugs and get well wishes across the pond.

Andie xxx

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

More love and prayers heading toward Lainey.  Hoping that each day brings more ease.  Sending a big hug....

Kathy

30 (edited by marions Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:15:11)

Spoke with her briefly this morning.  Lainy will undergo more testing today and hopefully Robin (her daughter) will post the outcome on this site.
Like you, I miss her so much and I know how much she misses all of you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dearest Lainy...you have continued to minister to us...and I had no idea that you were feeling so poorly yourself!  Sorry that I just saw this..and will immediately begin prayers for speedy recovery and subsidence of symptoms. 

Marion, thank you for providing the update this week.  Hopefully Lainy will be headed home today if she is not there already.

Lainy, I will continue with prayers and with lifting you up.  You are a bright light in so many lives!  We need you well!  smile

With love, prayers and hugs...

Patti

Thanks for that Marion. My fingers are crossed for these tests and yep, you are so right about how much she is missed by everyone.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

We've missed you too, Gavin. Hope everything is ok.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

So happy to hear from Robin (Lainy's daughter.)

Today Lainy had a colonoscopy.  Her problems are related to the severe Colitis in fact, everything but the last 10% of her colon is severely inflamed. She will be given prednisone again with the hope that she can tolerate liquids and solids within the next few days.

Hoping for her to be released from the hospital real soon and of course I will keep you posted - can't wait for her return to this board.

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Sending healing thoughts and love to you, Lainey.

Willow

Thanks for the update on Lainy Marion. Glad to hear that the docs are finally getting to the root cause of Lainy's problems now and hope that she gets home asap and starts feeling much better really quickly as well. She certainly deserves that to say the least! Although I am sure she will not be happy about the Preds once again!!

Thanks again Marion.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks Pam. Had a few health issues and a knee problem, medical term for the knee would be a buggered up knee that was as sore as hell! Starting to ease off now so I can finally sit at the pc once again so I should be fully back on my feet once again soon. Which is a lot better than having to lie on my back most of the time!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Gavin...Glad to hear your buggered up knee is feeling better and glad to see you posting again...Marion thank you for the update on Lainy...praying she is feeling better soon and able to go home....You...Gavin...Lainy and Pam are the constants on here...alway there to understand, encourage and educate and I thank you for that!
Nancy

Gavin- I'm sorry to hear about your knee and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Nancy- Thank you for your kind words!

Nancy...thanks much.  I always look forward to your postings too.
Hugs,
Marion

Glad you are back on your feet (so to speak) Gavin!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Update on our Lainy.  She feels better today and has started drinking fluids.  If indeed she responds to the steroids and other medication then Lainy should be home within the next two or three days.  Knowing Lainy, she will want to be on her computer as soon as possible so that she can fill you in on all the details.

Hugs,
Marion

Thank you Nancy and Randi, being on my feet again is so much better than being on my back!!

And thanks as well Marion for your update on Lainy. That is great that she is feeling better and drinking fluids! Fingers crossed that she continues to make improvements and gets home very soon as well.

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Wonderful to hear the great news. Thanks, Marion.

So so so very glad everyone is on the mend!! 

Just a few bumps in the road, but we are used to stepping over them and getting on with life now aren't we? smile

-Randi-

Randi...so true.

Another update on our Lainy.  She is holding down liquids, eating Jello and has asked for some additonal broth.  According to Robin, Lainy looks much better and is talkative again.  All in all it appears that Lainy is on the road to recovery.  Of course I will keep you posted on any new developments, but am hoping for her to return to her home real soon.  As we all know, Lainy will have much to share with her family here.

Hugs,
Marion

I am so happy to hear this!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Thanks Marion, more great news about Lainy, superb!!!! Hope she gets home very soon.

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Good news.  Spoke with Lainy. She will be released from the Hospital on Monday.  Can't come soon enough - she is so very much missed on this site.

Hugs,
Marion