Topic: 6 Years and Doing Great!

Hi all,  it's time for my yearly update!  While I haven't had a scan since last April, my doctor gave me clearance at that time to "do what I want".  I can still get a scan every year if I want.  Or every other year.  Whatever makes me comfortable.  And I am not sure just yet what I will do, but I do have to celebrate for a minute.  January 29, 2007 was the date of my surgery and it is a date I will never forget.  Here i am, 6 years later, celebrating my life.  I am happy, healthy and still working at my favorite job (almost 21 years here!). 6 years ago I was thinking about the letters I would write to each of my children for when I was gone.

Keep fighting the fight.  There IS good news out there and hopefully there will be MORE good news in the years to come.  I think of all of you daily and love to hear about all the good scans that have been happening lately.

Hugs sent out to all,
Sue

Today is a new day. Congratulations, you are already a survivor!

Re: 6 Years and Doing Great!

Sue, how wonderful to hear from you and with such fantastic news on top of that! You are certainly our Banner girl for CC! Keep up the good work and a huge YIPPEE! for you. Sending you tons of best wishes.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Sue,

Way to go!  I can tell by your note that you are enjoying every single day of those 6 years!  Congratulations, you are a survivor!!

Here's to many many more years of yearly updates !

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Congratulations, Sue!!!! We love to hear success stories. It gives us all so much hope. Thanks for posting and we look forward to many more years of you doing great!!!

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Sue,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

Take care!

Susie

Sue....you just know how to make our day a brighter one.  We go way back (nearly the beginning of this board) and to hear of your continued success with this disease gives hope to us all. 
Thanks you, dear Sue, thanks for checking in.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Sue,  This is wonderful news!  Congratulations.  It is stories like yours that keep us going.  So glad you shared.  Keep enjoying LIFE!

CONGRATS Sue!!! Thanks for setting the bar high!!! 6 years is amazing!!! I chuckled about your letters, I wrote mine before my surgery and have yet to destroy it, kinda of forgot about them!!!
Thanks for being an inspiration!
Lots of prayers for many many more years!!!-Cathy

Congratulations, you are an inspiration.

Sue...Absolutely,positively terrific news....6 years...way to go! Thank you for posting..it is so uplifting!
Nancy

FANTASTIC, Sue!!  Thank you so much for sharing this milestone and your joy!

Willow

Congratulations, Sue.
It is persons like you that give hope to the rest of us. .
Reading through the posts on the boards can get quite depressing after a while. So, your feedback is very welcome indeed.

(Anatta23)

Sue: I don't know how I missed this! I literally broke down crying reading your great news!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Wow, congrats!  Six years sure sounds like a wonderful number to me.  Best wishes for continued good health.

Well done Sue.

Gerry

Gerry.....you have a great story to tell too. Always so nice to see you pop in on us.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

CONGRATULATIONS SUE!!!! I so look forward to your yearly update. My husband's check-up follows yours and both of you have been truly blessed.  Live life to the fullest.  Hugs!!