1 (edited by randigb Wed, 06 Feb 2013 08:10:39)

Topic: Doctor moving to Cleveland Clinic

I just got a note from my oncologist (Alok Khorana) saying he was taking a new job at the Cleveland Clinic and is leaving March 1st. I am not sure why this is making me feel so odd.  While I think he is a great doctor and is very nice, I am not sure he was my favorite doctor on my team.  It just feels weird that when i go back for my next scan in June he won't be there. 

His nurse practitioner and nurse are remaining behind but I am not sure I have a connection with them either.  Fortunately the doctor that I will be seeing (Aram F. Hezel) published this article
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … ABA.d04t04

entitled "Development of molecularly targeted therapies in biliary tract cancers: Reassessing the challenges and opportunities"  So I guess he knows what he is doing.

Not earth shattering information but just thought I'd share. 

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Doctor moving to Cleveland Clinic

Understandable that you have uneasy feelings about this.  After all, this is the physician most intimately involved in your case. Surely though, you appear to be in good hand with your new doctor. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER