Topic: I'M Almost BAAAAAAACK!

I came home late yesterday after 10 days in the Hospital. For those who did not know, I was actually starving to death with the worst case of Colitis that had been seen by 3 GI Docs. I had one of the most humbling experiences I have ever had. Went to sleep Monday night feeling it was time for the "deep" talk with my kids as I was convinced I was not coming home. Then at 2AM I woke up HUNGRY and NO Nausea for the first time in a month. I turned the corner! I know it could not have happened without all your prayers, caring and good thoughts. I feel Teddy heard you as well and I felt him with me. I don't mean to be a drama queen but I have never experienced anything quite like this.

I am eating and resting well as I have no evergy at all but I can see a light now at the end. A good light. I am also reconnected with the GI Doc that found my Cancer and took care of both Teddy and me. I am finally where I am supposed to be. I have started the Humira regime and so far so good. Please be patient as I just cannot be on the computer long or talk long.

I hope to do a little more Monday but wanted to thank everyone for everything. I have missed you all and for the newbies can't wait to get to know you! I just don't have the strength or concentration to look at all the posts right now but hope to catch up. Your energy was so felt by me! I love you all!

A special thank you to my daughter who took control at the helm and steered the ship to a safe port.

The hardest job in the world is that of a Caretaker. I am blessed. Again thank you all, I am a lucky lady!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: I'M Almost BAAAAAAACK!

Lainy!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so great to "see" you!!!

So glad you're home and able to eat.  We have missed you like crazy but please be sure to take care of yourself before you take care of us.

Keep us posted when you feel up to it!

Take care,

Susie

Hi Lainy,

Glad you are back home and on the road to recovery.   Take your time and give yourself a chance to heal and get your strength back.   Take care.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

The crowd is cheering!!!! Can you hear us???? LAINY! LAINY! LAINY! I am so thankful that you are getting better. I was really worried about you. Take it easy and get lots of rest.

Big hugs and loads of love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Lainy, welcome back!!

So glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Please take your time to recover, before you return to full time forum duty!

Best wishes,
Eli

Lainy , so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.  Amazing story.  And thanks to your daughter too.  Continue to rest and get strong!  I believe everyone will agree, you come first right now. Take care!

Lainy...So happy you are feeling better...take care of #1..thats you!
Nancy

Welcome back Lainy!!!

We missed you loads and it is great to see you back again now! But as I said to you, you better take it easy, rest up and take care of yourself!!!

So happy to hear that you are home now and on the mend as well!

Take a huge hug,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

YEA YEA!!! Keep resting and getting better  a "temporary no Lainy" is better than alternative!!!
Lots of prayers and hugs-Cathy

Weeeeelcome Almost Baaaaaaack, Lainey! Sorry you've had such a rough and scary month! We miss you! Take your time and get well.

Willow

Lainy:
I am SSSSOOOOOOO HHHAAAPPPPPPPPPPYYYY to see your post!
Welcome home and check in when you feel up to it. Don't push yourself: all of us understand that you need time to recover.
Enjoy the rest and your improving appetite!
Love you lots,
Kris

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

So glad to hear your good news and to know you are on the mend!  You were so missed by everyone.

Take care of yourself!

(((Hugs))),
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Aw Lainy,

I'm so pleased you are on the mend.  You clearly give so much to many people here that you are getting it back tenfold. 

Keep getting well :-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Thank you all and I so love you! When I came home Thursday I never realized how weak I was, can hardly talk yet but am eating again and gained 2 LBS already. The Doc said to just keep eating, doesn't matter what. Next Saturday I take my 2nd dose of Humira. Still on mega Preds. But, hey, it's working. Most important is I am now with the GI I should have been with! Both T and I had used him and he is the one who found my GIST Cancer. Robin is coming over with the baby tonight (16 yrs old) and dinner. My sweet angel boy is the best RX ever! He says, "Grandma, I need to come see your cute face!"

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.