Topic: Target Cancer, the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation and Research

The Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation donated 40 thousand Dollars to the Massachusetts General Hospital Medical Team: Dr. Cristina Ferrone, M.D. , PI.; Matteo Ligorio, M.D. Postdoctoral Fellow; Dr. Nabell El-Bardeesey, a comprehensive research program that simultaneously focuses on several key areas and approaches:
Cell line collection
Generation of mouse models
Genomic studies
Establishment of xenografts
Screening of cell lines against existing compounds

Here is the latest announced by Target Cancer, a big supporter of Cholangiocarcinoma Research:
http://www.targetcancer.info/Cholangioc … a_Research

and the link to Dr. Bardeesey:
http://www.massgeneral.org/cancer/resea … 1&xd=1

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Target Cancer, the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation and Research

Oh, Marion, how sweet it is!!!  We are known, we are heard, and you my dear lovely lady have made a difference! Of course I AM prejudice you know!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ha, ha, Lainy.  Thanks much, but truly everyone on this site has made a difference in the fight against this cancer.
And, we will continue to engage the Cholangiocarcinoma patient community in order to fight this disease.  Everyone's voice counts in this endeavor and we need each and everyone ever touched by bile duct cancer, to come forward and join in.  Without the patients voice nothing can be accomplished.

Hugs to you,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, thanks for letting everyone know one of the many ways the CC foundation is helping fund critical research.  So glad to see this.

Willow

Willow....you are welcome. This disease has brought together some incredible people; the gracious members communicating on this site, the selfless volunteers donating hours and hours of their time to this cause, those that so generously donate their monies in order to further research, and the committed physicians standing by our side.  We are an incredible team and we will see a cure for this cancer.
Hugs,
Marion

This is excellent news! Thanks for sharing it Marion. I noticed that this announcement is not on the FB page. Should I put it over there as well or wait until Dawn or someone else puts it there?

Thanks,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Target Cancer with the Cambridge Symphony Orchestra.

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/a … e_symphony

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news, Marion!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Gavin, Target Cancer announced it on their facebook page.
Thanks Pam, we are on a roll.
Hugs,
Marion