Re: Miraculous call from Dr. Kato for ex-vivo resection transplant

Dear Darla,

I just started reading this thread and I am so heartened by all of your good news.  Sounds like you are in excellent hands.

I am sending boatloads of good thoughts your way.  Here's a big (((cyber-hug))).

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear Darla,

Just read your post...Very inspiring , motivates all of us to give this our best fight ever. Our best wishes and prayers are  with you. I have just sent my husb's reports to Dr. Kato too.
     My husb is taking treatment at Sloan. If you haven't already, pls chk out the Hope Lodge recommeded by ACS. www.cancer.org/hopelodgenyc.

Best Regards,
Neeru

Faith works Miracles.

Darla....a tidal wave of good wishes is heading your way. Can you feel it?
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Neero...thank you for posting the link for the Hope Lodge, Manhatten.  Would you be so kind and repost the same in the below thread?

http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb … m.php?id=7

Gladly I will do it for you however; it is so nice to see the original poster's name on the site. 

Thanks a bunch,
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear all my friends and family,
I just wanted to let you know that I contacted the hope lodge in unless you were going for treatments as on an outpatient basis They will not let you stay at the Hope Lodge In Manhattan, Since I am going for a surgery they would not let us stay there. If there's anyone who is going for some sort of treatment that's an outpatient basis they will let you stay there though.
God bless everyone of you and thank you so much for all your great encouragement and All the love that you show it warms my heart every time I Log in. And yes I'm going to put on those pink studded gloves and I'm to go in there fighting like a champion!!!!  wink
Love,

Darla

Ready to fight the battle of my life!!!!!  With God as my guide!

Dear Darla, what ever is wrong with their thinking??? IF I lived their I would give anything to have you stay with me!~  But you can always come out to Phoenix to warm up! Well maybe not, we had our first and probably last snow the other day. What a weird sight! But, keep lookin, girl, never know what you may find. Say, have you tried contacting a Social Worker at he Hospital?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

32 (edited by Ihope Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:38:21)

Hi Darla,
        We stayed at Sutton court for a couple of months when my hubby was hospitalized. It is a very nice service apartment  and costs about $200/ day. They require min 2 week booking. Don't forget to mention your hospital name. They do give hospital discounts.

Sutton Court Hotel Residences
417 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022
Office: (212) 935-3300

Affinia gardens is another SA which is ok but more expensive. The NY state metro transit is quite good . We recently moved to NJ and commute by NJ transit train to Manhattan.

Marion, I will post it on the thread you mentioned.

Best Regards,
Neeru

Faith works Miracles.

All good thoughts for your trip, Darla! Wanted to let you know that we have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Englewood, NJ (just across the GW bridge from the hospital,) which has a special rate for NYP hospital patients and families. When I was in the hospital, my husband stayed at Michael, New York, a small guesthouse only three blocks from the hospital and only $80 per night (for nyc that's cheap!) You can google it on tripadvisor.com which has the best reviews, etc. Dr. kato is wonderful and funny. You are in good hands! ~Holly