Topic: Long Term Survivors

I just read a post from 32Coupe and it was so great to read about a CC survivor of 16-years! Does anyone know of any others? I know Sue (scragots) is 6+ years. I think it would be so uplifting to everyone fighting CC to have more success stories to focus on. Perhaps if you know of others you can mention them here. Thanks so much, J.

Re: Long Term Survivors

Jackson....Barbara is ten years out.  She planning on posting on this site soon.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Jackson-I am starting my 4th year cancer FREE!! I am also starting my 5th year of life after being told I had 6-8 months to live!!! I am so thankful doctors can be wrong!! LOL!! Please read my story at www.catherinedunnagan.com under the telegraph link, there is HOPE!!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Jackson, my Teddy was DX at 73, had  a Whipple and survived 5 1/2 years and  to me that was remarkable as they didn't think it would be a year! wE HAVE LOTS OF MIRACLES here.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thanks so much. I'm sure there are others, even that we don't know about, and all stories are appreciated. They all give hope. Thanks again everyone, J.

Hello....I'm not that long..2 1/2 years, but considering I was told by the first doctor that he could give me "palliative care" I'm feeling very grateful at 2 1/2 years.  My doctor told me in January I wasn't "out of the woods yet" but these are 2 1/2 cancer free years I didn't think I'd have.
I asked the same question as you two years ago and was told that the success stories aren't "lurking around" on this website!  So maybe there are many more out there.  Although not cc, I have a friend who just passed her 4 year mark cancer free of pancreatic cancer.  Now THERE is a success story. We had the same surgeon.   We say it's because of our beloved Dr. Michael Choti.  Good luck to you!
Kathy

Hi ... I'm only 13 months free but have plans to set a new record ...

.... because I can ....

Sandie,. love your plan and will cheer you on the whole 9 yards! I can't think of a better goal. Go Sandie go!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

It's been  3 years, 2 months, 20 days since my whipple surgery and I am still kicking. 

Sandie:  I will be here setting that record with you and many others!!

Congrats to all!

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I so love you guys .... maybe we should write a record or have a worldwide CC jelly bean party or ..... xxx

.... because I can ....

Sandie...great idea.  You think of something and we will follow suit. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER