Topic: CC patient in soap drama.

Thanks to Helen at AMMF for posting this on her site.

On last night’s episode of BBC1′s Holby City (5th March) a patient was actually diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma!

http://www.ammf.org.uk/2013/03/06/holby … nt-has-cc/

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: CC patient in soap drama.

Got to love this one Gavin and Helen! The Media is running out of "fancy" diseases so we are it now! Will take it if it gets us out there. I am still wondering what kind of Cancer Chavez had!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

3 (edited by jathy1125 Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:59:09)

Lainy-what ever type he had, we apparently gave it to him!! I guess it would be mean spirited to say CC finally had a positive effect.!! I will be going today confession saturday for sure now!! LOL!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Oh, Cathy, you are toooo funny. I never thought of it that way. Guess I just get to be an angry bird when I feel so many people could be helping others instead of hiding! Think I will tell Teddy not to let him in to his big Italian restaurant in the sky!
R  we nasty or what? Sometimes it just feels good. Oh, drats. I just got punished. Knocked over a little bottle of white eraser fluid on my hands. Guess I should be erasing my thoughts!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy-LOL!!! Talk about a sign from God!!

Tonight we were watching a previously recorded episode of gray's anatomy. I came in late. My husband was catching me up on the episode and said the lady had the same thing my mom did...cc. I didn't go back to see if that happened. They didn't have too much of the plot on it. But I was glad it was being brought up on prime time tv.

Speaking of Grey's...when I was recovering from my Whipple they had an episode where someone getting a whipple and they were deciding if the intern could do the difficult part for practice!!  Seriously!!???  And then they said it has a 30% complication rate...well I turned the channel and haven't watched Greys since.  I guess I told them!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi, boy, did you show them! Good work. Say, I'm working like a busy Bee today as our Seder is tonight. Being that my energy level is not up to par yet, I did stuff daily since Monday. It is almost Noon and stick me with a fork I am done. Going to rest all afternoon so I can attend in my own house. Problem is I keep sampling the product! I now need the GI to tell me to stop eating as he was saying eat, eat, eat before. I do what he says!!   Anyhew, I now know what Passover (Pesach) stands for! It mean work like a dog!
I want to wish all a Happy Passover, actually starts Monday but we bend the rules so all the College Grandchildren can be here and there are 3 of them! That in itself is a Blessing. Passover can apply to everyone as it represents FREEDOM!

Good Pesach to you too Lainy!  We are bending the rules and doing it next weekend.  We divide up the work these days.  I don't know how my mother and grandmother before her did it.  I remember my grandma cooking for weeks before the holiday.  She made it look effortless.  And all those dishes and no dishwasher!!  We would sometimes have 20 or 30 people at a sedar.  And no talking during the sedar or you would get the look!  All in Hebrew, my grandfather chanting.  I really miss those days.  But we now have our own type of sedar and it's fine.

Have a great time and enjoy all of the food without guilt!!  You deserve it for so many reasons.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.