Topic: RFA - wait time
Looking for your advice - my Dad's radiologist said he could do the RFA on the recurrent lesions, but we just got word from his secretary that the procedure is scheduled for one month away. That seems like a really long time away, and given one of his lesions is near the bile duct, we are anxious to get it removed as soon as possible and worried it might grow in the meantime.
Has anyone had experience with RFA and how long did you wait to have the procedure done? I know every person's situation is different, but can you share if there was worry of tumor growth?
I want to push back with the radiologist to get my Dad's appointment moved up, but also wondering if being too pushy is counterproductive. Your thoughts would be really helpful, I feel torn!