Topic: Care facilities for Cancer patients

Hi.  Does anyone have any information on a great care facility for cancer patients in Arizona (Phoenix Metro area)?

Re: Care facilities for Cancer patients

Not sure what you mean. Are you looking for a residental facility or a Hospital or Treatment Center. There is a Cancer Treatment Center of America but they are not that big on CC. My Teddy was treated at Banner Desert Hospital and his excellent ONC has now retired. But I have some other ONC's if that is what you need. I now go to Banner MD Anderson to a Dr. Homsi who came up here from MDA Houston. Downtown PHX is a fabulous Dr. Koep who has treated another of our members. Or his partner Dr. James Cashman. Can you clarify what you are looking for and maybe I can help better? Oh, and I am here for you!

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
I have to look in to a residential facility that my mom can stay in.  She may be coming here..  she does not want to stay at our home and burden us.. and I feel uneasy having her at home because i have two school age children who can get her sick which could be detrimental to her health.  I can care for her day to day if she is town.  Please let me know if you have any info on this.

thank you soooo much!

Jeeyoung, on this I do have personal experience. My Dad lived to be 93 and my Mom 94, they were very fortunate. When the time came that I felt they needed to be with me, my brother or sister they chose me so we moved them from Miami to Phoenix. My Dad was very independent and I actually got chosen as they loved Teddy so much. They lived on their own in Sun Lakes which was the same Adult Community we lived in. After 7 years there I made the decision they needed a retirement home. Mom fought it but Dad though it a good idea because he wanted her settled in case something happened to him, which by the way he did go first. They had a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment in the independent part. . They paid 2,300 a month which included 2 meals a day, and transport to where  they wanted to go. They had a lot of entertainment there and a pool. about 3 years after Dad passed Mom started getting Dementia and I moved her from Independent living to Assisted as Independent really does nothing medically. Everything went OK for a year. She had a studio apartment, they did her wash, she got 3 meals a day they took care of her MEDS but that was it. I felt her care was not the best even though this place was rated #1 in the State...nothing like that is perfect.I believe for the Assisted Care she was paying 4,300 a month. I learned about private care homes and found one that was incredible run by a Haitian Couple. This lady treated her 3  little house guests like they were her little babies. She was fabulous. She even slept in my Mom's room for 3 nights before Mom passed. The rate of this home was 2,000 a month with home cooked food daily and etc. They do not do anything Medical except dispense the Meds.
To sum up:  Retirement Home no Medical Care unless in Assisted. The name of it is The Park Regency in Chandler off the 101 and Warner.
I know there is a group here that helps find a place but have to find out the name as I forgot. They found us the little group home.
One of my friends is the Manager of another Retirement Home and If I knew precisely which way you wanted to go I would also suggest her retirement home and would call her to start things rolling for you.
If you just wanted to put Mom in a one bedroom apartment, not sure if she can be alone, and if things do not go well you would have to move her again.
I know this is a lot to think about but we need to start by narrowing down what you want for her in the way of care.      Sorry for the long post!

THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME! Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.