Topic: Getting 2nd opinion
I finally got fed up with Dr. Kemenys lack of response/care/thought (fill in here) and have decided to seek another onc. My appt is for April 1 and guess what? Dr. K FINALLY wants to talk with me. Of course, she can't do it over the phone, so she wants me to travel into NY this Monday to discuss options. Why did it take so ____ing long? You have all heard and sympathized with my problems with her for the past 2 years... Now when I'm finally fed up she actually wants to do something.
I can keep the appt with new doc but if Dr. K wants to start a new chemo reg on Mon. I would have to take a break before starting with new onc if their ideas differ. Ugh!
Why couldn't she have gotten off her self-important butt last month when I all but begged her to help me decide what to do??
And, in the scheme of things, will waiting 1 week be too detrimental? I wish I knew. Actually, I wish she would talk on the phone about some of these questions before I waste more money going into NY when I don't even know if she will grant me more than my usual 8 second audience.
(Can you tell I really don't like her any more?) my hesitation is this damned pump.....
Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time.