Re: Surgery day is almost here!

Lainy- My daughter, Kristen told Lauren she might have to have a tube in her nose if she is real nauseous. I don't think she likes that idea much either, but it won't be as bad as the big breathing tube. Kristen also said they could have to leave the breathing tube in after surgery for a short time if she is in ICU and they think it will help, but she will be so sedated she won't know. I know Kristen and Bruce won't let anything by them. They will be watching her like hawks!!

Thanks for the support, Julia, Jennifer, and Pam!!

Lauren is not nervous, just excited!!

We just found out a few minutes ago that her surgery starts at 7:30 am and we have to be at the hospital at 5:30am. She will probably have to get up at 3:30 because they want her to shower tomorrow morning with antibacterial soap. I made her drink a bottle of Citroma yesterday and she was not happy about that!! Well, gotta go get ready for the big trip!!

Love to all,
-Pam and Lauren

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Oh, and I almost forgot. We went wedding dress shopping for Lauren's dress on Sat. and she found a dress she loves and said YES to the dress!!!

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi,
Gook luck to Lauren and you too.
May God bless you all.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

I get up about 530AM my time so will be thinking about all of you! I have an idea, lets focus a bit on the wedding, when is it? Nope that didn't work cause my heart is beating so hard for Lauren and I just know its going to be a good report! Sending LOVE< LOVE LOVE>

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Thank you, Percy.

Lainy- We can focus on the wedding too. It is Feb.23,2014. It is so weird how calm we are for tomorrow. Must be because we have complete faith in Lauren's surgeon and in God.

I so hope that it all goes well for Lauren tomorrow Pam! Everything is crossed here!!

Hugs to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Pam,
Praying for Lauren and your family tomorrow.  I'm confiident she will do great and get the best result, then this all can be a distant memory and she can get on with her happily ever after.
       Dianne

Pam and Lauren,

We are soooo happy that you are now able to have surgery, prayers are being answered.  You have so much life to look forward to with your wedding around the corner and a wonderful family to support you.  We will be praying for a speedy recovery. 

Bob and Nancy

Pam, my prayers are with Lauren and your family today that surgery will go very well and that Lauren will have a speedy recovery.

Hi Everyone,

They just took Lauren back to the OR about 30 minutes ago. Pray that everything goes well!!

Pamela, hold on, kid! It is now 538Am here and I have been up for about 20 minutes. Did they say about how long this will take? Everything I have is crossed and all my good vibes are sailing out to you! Teddy's Whipple was 8 hours but the Surgeon had said the longer it takes the better the news will be, although I know they are different surgeries that little piece of info helped me calm down. With you in every way!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,

They just paged us and said the laparascopic part looked good with no cancer outside the liver. They were going to proceed with the operation!! I was so worried they might see something and cancel the operation. There are five of us in the waiting area and three more coming so we have a great support system. Keep praying everyone because it is working!!

Keeping everything well and truly crossed here Pam and more positive vibes are on their way as well!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

The news we wanted to hear, Pam. Thanks for taking your precious time to update us. 
Hugs and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Pam, that is music to my ears and am sitting here with such HAPPY tears. Thank you so very much for the update! Go get a happy cup of coffee and eat some breakfast it will be a long but HAPPY day. Oh my, oh my!! Group hug in the waiting room!

Such good news Pam!!!  I will continue to keep Lauren and you in my prayers.

Mary

Praying xxxxxxxxxxx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Praying everything goes well!!