Topic: NIH trial update

Hi all,
I just returned from my latest checkup out at NIH. It has been one year now since I have received this TIL treatment. Scans this month still showed no growth. Stable it is......since November. While I would sure love to hear the word shrinkage again....I am still feeling that this has been successful for me. Considering that I have not had any chemo or radiation or any treatment what so ever in the last year, I feel like I have to celebrate these results!

I feel extremely blessed to have had such an amazing year with my family. While the 3 week hospital stay for treatment was not fun, I would do it again in a heartbeat to get another year like this one! I don't know what my future holds anymore than anyone else but for now I am happy with stable - I can definitely LIVE with stable!!!!!

God Bless you all!!!
Melinda

Re: NIH trial update

YES, Melinda, Let's Celebrate...YIPPEE!!! You know that STABLE is one of our favorite words. None of us knows what our future brings we can only take it one day at a time and ENJOY! Looking forward to more awesome posts like this one and enjoy your Summer!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

That is awesome Melinda!!  Stability is a great word!

I know what you mean about a year being worth it (especially if you didn't have any treatment).  I keep getting greedy though...first it was a month, then a year and now I want to live to be an old lady. 

Congrats on your good news and may you post here every year with good news for the next 100!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Melinda...fantastic news.  You have all the reasons to be thrilled about the results.  I looked the trial up again on clinicaltrials.gov with the hope that the PI would have updated, but it is not. 
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?t … rch=Search
On to another great year, dear Melinda.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So very very glad to hear the great news!!!

What great news! Yay for stable!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Melinda
This fabulous news...so happy for you
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Lead the way... I am happy for you.  You will continue to do brilliantly well.

Rgds,
Neeru

Faith works Miracles.