Topic: Whats in a name?

The whole online world is a new departure in the human experience for me. I was thrown a bit about  screen names when I first learned to use a computer.You dont use real names because hackers will steal them. So we choose names relevent to our lives in obscured ways. I have an old wooden speedboat that is my most enjoyed earthly posession, a 1941 chris craft with its original engine. Most boats dont last so long, and even fewer original marine   engines run this long, well this one did. The maker of this motor was Hercules engine company out of Canton Ohio. So I chose this as my screen name as this motor ran longer than most all the others. I find peace out on the water and I go there every chance I get. Part of living a full life is seeking what you are passionate about.So I am not a mythical god wannabe or anything like that just a very grateful retired mechanic . Bless you all, Pat

Re: Whats in a name?

Dear Pat, loved this post! About a year ago I started a thread where I asked Members to explain their On Line Names. It was fun and good for a chuckle. What say we try again? Lainy is a nickname for Elaine and for some reason when Teddy and I got married (it would be 18 years ago this July) his family started calling me Lainy. I was also passionate, passionate about him so of course kept the nickname. Even my Mom said she like it better than Elaine! So come one come all and lets do Pat proud with your Computer names. Sometimes we just need to laugh.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Ok - here goes...my screen name is mcwgoat.  mcw is my initials - goat is because I'm a Capricorn. 

mine is nothing interesting.  combination of my maiden name with the first initials of my first name and middle name.

Mine is an old screen name and email from when I first got Comcast in 2000. First name, 00 for the year, and j for the last name.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

What more can I say, she is indeed my life smile

Mine is boring, it's my first name and middle and last initial.  Randi + g + b...sometimes pronounced Ran-Dig-Bee by my friends.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Mine is also very boring.......it is my real name!

On other sites I use I use a nickname for security reasons. They are mainly finance sites and i use a nickname to avoid any hackers, spammers etc. Dunno if it helps or not, but it makes me feel safer there! But here I use my real name.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Well you learn every day.  I didn't realise online names
Were made up to avoid theft and spammers!  It's kind of obvious now.  I just thought made up names was just something you did.  My online name when I use it is Madame Pomphrey - the nurse in the Harry potter books.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

My online name was picked without much deep thought. i just thought it wpuld fit the bill as my sister prefers anonymity and I have to respect that. Thinking about it now though, I really like the name. Willow is a tree that is natural, beautiful, flexible, likes to dance and is very strong in adverse winds.

Willow

my nickname is holly, 2 is my favorite number, and a was my married name initial the first go-around. too long a habit, now it's stuck for life I guess even though I am happily remarried. 2 is still my favorite number and holly still my nickname. it's a tree, too, like Willow, and I like it. nice associations with Christmas and my favorite color green (with red!) - - one of the seven sacred trees of celtic mythology. Yep, I'll keep my name!

My name on here is Pamela because that is my real name. My screen name is SamelaPoo58. My name is Pamela Sue, but my Mom calls me Samela Poo and has called me that since I was a wee tot. 58 is the year I was born!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I feel so boring using my real name but I will give you a couple of my nicknames...my Dad called me Lila....my friends call me Snow White or Pollyanna because I like everyone...ok, still sounds boring...sorry but that's the truth
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

You are anything but boring, Lisa!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.