Topic: Most stupid question ever!

I know I don't belong here but my vanity is making me ask this question. OMG, I do take after my Mom.
My GI put me on Humira the middle of FEB when I was in the Hospital from the Ulcerative Colitis. I noticed the other day big amounts of my hair are dancing all over. I know I can wear a hat and I tried a wig but its already to warm here for a wig and they are uncomfortable. I am pushing thru all the nasty side effects but please not the hair!! The GI also switched me from Prednisone after 1 1/2 years to a new Med, Uceris. I started that a week ago. Looked up both Meds as far as side effects and it mentioned hair loss only under Humira. Oh, and I am supposd to get a moustache and beard. Guess I could let them grow long and comb thm up over my head! Any suggestions appreciated.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Most stupid question ever!

Lainy, of COURSE you belong here!! If anyone begrudges you venting, celebrating or asking questions about yourself shame on them!!
I can't help you with the hair loss, or growth for that matter. But I'm sure people will chime in with their stories.
I will tell you I found these cute head coverings at Sloan Kettering and bought them when they said I was going to lose my hair. They are kind of a bandanna look, but comfy, and loose so it looks like there is hair up under it. Maybe your local cancer center gift shop has some?
And the catalog of wigs I got has pieces you can buy that look like women's sideburns or bangs.
Good luck.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, excellent idea and here I am 12 minutes from Banner MDAnderson. What a stellar idea thanks so much. I will go tomorow and take a peek!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy there are no stupid questions. Some folks cut their hair real short in anticipation of loss. Mine is super, super short and one lady acquaintance who does not know about my cancer told me "cute haircut" the other day! wigs tend to be uncomfortable and hot, imho, but they have hats like baseball hats that have hair coming down the side and they are comfy and cute too. Maybe one of those. xo

Lainy,

Shame on you for saying you don't belong here!! What in the world!! Now that I have given you 30 lashes with a wet noodle, let's get down to business. Lauren lost her hair while on chemo. She tried to hang on to the last little bit, but that didn't look too great. The only thing to do is cut it super short. She has lost it again after surgery and got it cut super short again. Our next door neighbor is a hair stylist and brought over a box of products for Lauren to use. It is called Nioxin and it is for people with thinning hair. It has a shampoo, conditioner, and a product you put on that I think is like mousse. Betsy from this site also mentioned it to us. You probably have to get it at a salon or beauty supply store. Maybe even over the internet. Lauren hasn't tried it yet because after her next surgery more hair will probably fall out, so why waste it now. I don't know how much it is because our sweet neighbor wouldn't let us pay for it. I'm sure as with all beauty supplies, it is rather pricey. If you decide to try it, let us know how it works!! Take care, Lainy. Geez, I still can't believe you would say that!!!!!  I just re-read your post and love the part about the beard and mustache!! Haha!!!

Love you lots,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear Holly, I knew you gals would have answers for me. Thanks so much. Just gave me a memory. Teddy and I went on several Cruises with my parents. Once I walked out on Deck with one of those hats. It was a Big Sun Hat and had blond hair hanging down, I was a brunette then. Anyway there I am in this hat, blond hair and with sunglasses. Stood right next to my Dad and he didn't recognize me. Thanks for stirring up the Memory! I did cut it short last night. I have cut my own hair for 17 years now as I don't like the way they cut hair in Phoenix, and you are right about a wig out here, extremly hot in the summer. Thanx again!

Pam, ouch with that wet noodle! I just looked Nioxin up and you can get it at Walgreens. Each product is between $30 - $50. Come to think of it I forgot my 1st Grandson's wedding is May 25th. In case the product doesn't do well for me I better wait until I come home! If it gets worse than it is I will get a little jewelled cap of some kind. If I had a face like Lauren I wouldn't mind so much. Yikes, 73 is not just creeping up on me its racing! Going to go to MD Anderson here hopefully today and visit their Cancer Shoppe and look at hats and things. I wouldn't  care so much if what I have wasn't so baby fine. Shame on me, I should just be thankful to be Cancer free for 3 1/2 years now! Go ahead give that noodle to me again! Love to you both.

Lainy-You always make me laugh and you also made me realize nioxin works!! I have been using Nioxin for the last few weeks because I ran out of my regular shampoo and was waiting for the Litre sale in a week(Love saving money) and I had a big litre of Nioxin  left from my  chemo days so I used it, Well I rescheduled my hair cut today because I couldn't wait another 3 weeks for my 6 weeks appointment and now I know why!! Nioxin works!! I just realized it thanks to your posting!!
Good luck with the "new do" shopping!!
Lots of prayers-Cathy

Dear Cathy, I can't take the credit as Pamela told me but I am certainly going to get me some! Did you just get the Shampoo or did you get all the products?? Did it just take a couple weeks to notice? Hope it doesn't make my stature taller, I like being short. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lainy-Just did the shampoo and it has been only a few weeks!! Think it only works on hair not bones, you probably will stay short!!! LOL!!
Lots of prayers and laugh-Cathy

LOL, will get some today! Say, do you do hair too? I can send for you to fix me up!

For those of you looking for head covers? Someone told me to go to a Harley Store as they have great scarves and caps for the head! That ones for you Kris! Me too, even tho I don't ride I love the Harley stuff. Thanks for your answer, Cathy. I have 5 weeks until my 1st Grandson's wedding so even a little new growth would help. The wierdest thing is on the left side, I sleep on the right side, but once my hair is dry it won't do anything but stick straight up! OMG, Teddy STOP looking for all this attention!

Lainy,
I knew about them. But they have seams on them and I've heard they can be uncomfortable on an unprotected scalp.
Good luck with the shampoo! I hope it works. And tell Teddy to leave your hair alone!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.