Topic: MY DADDIE :( == hilar cholangiocarinoma
My senses are mixed with reality and dreaming-- feel like in a coma- after my dads is diagnosed of this cancer, in another term "intrahepatic bile duct cancer" just last week thursday of (04/19)---> I recall the Dr. waiting for me to translate to my dad since my father barely speak english at all. I was shaking heavily, nervous and afraid and translating to my dad had never been so hard, holding my tears and hiding the fact he only have 6 more months if the resection are not possible and even if they can get the tumor out it is only 10% of success rate. I"m still in a dream right now and search here for some comfort, some knowledge and understanding of how to go from here, I hope to get some good advice and guidance about my dads road from here, what is the best Dr and hospital and treatment for him? The Dr said that he will be transferred down to spectrum where there is only one dr in the area that can help my dad with this cancer (resect the tumor) and only with 10% success rate and if the Dr accept this challenge since the tumor is intrahepatic so it will be too deep into the liver. I read somewhere that mayoclinic and karmanos cancer center in detroit, MI are two great hospital specialist in this bile duct cancer. I'm looking for some guidance/alternatives if the Dr. at spectrum refuse to dissect the tumor out, what should I do??? I'm scare to think of that and since his tumor is not metasis, is that good enough for the resect to take place?? n is it true only 6 months? and if the surgery is possible and after that, how long in average how long does he have to be with us family stilll.. please give me some guidance and comfort, i'm going crazy and can't focus to study, finals are coming up and my rotation is starting soon.