Topic: Good Hair Day

I want to thank all my girlfriends on this Board for their suggestions on hair loss. I finally ventured out last Friday to MDA Phoenix which is about 15 minutes from me, to look at hats/caps in the Cancer Gift Shoppe and I know this is crazy but I had a blast there and met the 2 loveliest women.  I got 2 hats, the blingiest watch I have ever seen and then, one of the gals said oh my, we have a wig exactly your hair color. Shiny Silver white. I tried it on and we all went crazy. Of course, I bought it and it was only 80.00. Then the shop Manager said she was giving me 20% off everything I bought. I told them I have a CT coming up in June and I want to apply to volunteer and that I will stop and say hello. Crazy, I felt so at home! So thanks for all your suggestions and when someone is having a hair loss problem from Chemo or Meds, I can vouch for a Cancer Hospital Gift Shoppe!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Good Hair Day

That is great, Lainy!!! So happy you had a great time and found a lovely wig. I think you would be such a great volunteer!!! You are one in a million and I just love you!!! I'm sure everyone at MDA Phoenix would love you too!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,

I just love your energy and optimism!!!  It really does just shout out right from your posts!!!  I know it helps me, especially on tough days, and I'm sure it helps a lot of others too!!!

I hope you enjoy your new hats and bling watch!!!

Love Ya,
Mary

Dear Pam and Mary, there could be a reward when I start volunteering....lots of single Grandpas voluntering! Maybe I can find one who has a son Kris's age! Lets keep it in the family! Thank you both for your kind words.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I agree you would be a great volunteer, as long as it doesn't take you away from us!

Suzy

oh Lainy, you are so funny!  I am imagining you there, laughing and trying on hats and wigs.  What a great way to shop, all giggles and smiles.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hey, Randi! It was a blast. I was telling the one gal that my 1st Grandson is getting married May 25th and he told me I am walking down the aisle with 2 other Grandmas who are wearing black! I would feel like I was putting a hex on the kids. So I was telling her how my hair is falling out, think its the Humira, anyway she said I should try to find a big Yalmaka and paste fake bling all over it! I almost fell on the floor laughing, no, she wasn't a MOT (Member of the Tribe). These 2 women were the very nicest ever! Everything good at your end? Almost done with school? You never said if the Veggie Pate made a hit or not. Or maybe I don't want to know. You either love it or not.

Lainy,
You are a riot! I can see you checking out the guys in your wig and new bling!!  smile
And I have to say you'll do ANYTHING to get me to visit, huh? big_smile
I'm glad you had some fun with all you are going thru and that you found some great fun ways to dress yourself up.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.