Topic: Proud!

My gorgeous nephew who is 8 told his mum (my sister that is living) this week  that he wanted to run the marathon when he is older to raise money for his Aunty Nikki who died in March.  He was due to run a kids 1k next month so he is now being sponsored for the UK CC charity AAMF.  Last night he set his target and wanted  to raise £100.  Not even 24 hours later and he's raised £500 so far.
We're so proud of him - it was all his idea.  It's made us all smile in what's been a very hard week :-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Re: Proud!

Dear Clare, what a loving and caring "little" man your Nephew is, you have reason to be proud. Sometimes the kids today just astound me.  I am wondering if some Tee shirts are being made up for him? Much good luck to him, I am sure he will be very successful.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

He's getting a tshirt and he wants a photo of him and Aunty Nikki together on it.  He was vey fond of my sister and I can confidently say she, not me, was his favourite aunt :-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Clare.....it alwasy is so very touching to witness our young people's acts of kindness.  It also reflects on those closest in his life; the not favorite aunt included. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yes, very proud indeed you should be. And I second Marion! We know already that you are a wonderful family to have such beautiful children under your wings. Best of luck to your young runner and philanthropist!

Bless your nephew and his very big heart!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Clare,

That is great news and no wonder you are all so proud of the wee man!! I am sure that he will look great in his tee shirt and I hope that his run goes well! Aunty Nikki will certainly be beaming down on him!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Clarem,
How sweet! I can see why you are so proud

Willow

Go on the wee man!! :-)

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/New … 052013.htm

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

We are stunned at the money raised by this and so grateful to everyone that has donated.  We never imagined we would raise this much, especially after the generosity of donations at Nikki's funeral (just over £2000).

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Amazing!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

That is brilliant Clare!! smile

Fantastic, this young man has set an example - I am proud of him too.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER