Topic: SIGNS FROM LOVED ONES

Pam from N.C. told me to look this article up, pretty good Pam!
After loved ones cross over, they are anxious to let us know they are okay and are aware of what is going on in our lives. If we are not able to feel them around us, they will often give us signs that we cannot ignore. The person who is given the sign usually knows he or she is receiving a message from the other side. You do not have to look for signs – the signs will come to you.The signs our loved ones give us most often are:
They come through as an animal. Our loved ones are able to use their energy to go inside of an animal, such as a butterfly, ladybug, bird, or dragonfly – for a brief period of time. The animal does something it usually would not do, such as land on us, peck at our window, scream at us, etc.
•They place common objects such as feathers, coins, or rocks in our path. Our loved ones like to place things over and over again in our path that were significant to them. 
•They give off fragrances. We can often tell our deceased loved ones are around us when we smell their perfume, flowers, cigar or cigarette smoke, or any other familiar smell they had. There is usually no logical explanation of why the smell is there.
•They make songs come on at the perfect time. We know they are around when their favorite songs come on at the right time with the exact words we need to hear. 
•They come to us in dreams. One of the easiest ways for them to come through to us is in our dreams. All we need to do is to ask them to come, and they will. However, we should ask them to wake us up after they come, or else we will not remember the dream. A dream that is a true visitation will be very peaceful and we will know it is truly our loved one. We will remember this type of dream in detail many years later. (On the other hand, a subconscious dream may be frightening or feel bad. This type of dream is not your loved one.)
•They allow us to feel peaceful for no reason. When our loved ones are in the room, they usually make us feel so loved and at peace. It usually happens at the most unsuspecting time, so there is no logical explanation for our sudden bliss.
•They place thoughts in our head. Because they in spirit form, our loved ones don’t have an audible voice. Therefore, they give us messages telepathically. Pay attention to thoughts that just “pop” into your head.
•They love to play with electricity. They turn electricity on and off. They like to flicker lights, turn the television and radio on and off, and make appliances beep for no apparent reason.
•They make buzzing noises in our ears. Because our loved ones speak to us on a different, higher frequency, we may hear ringing in our ears when they are trying to get our attention. This is a sign telling you to listen to what they are saying.
The list can go on and on, but these are the most common ways they let us know they are around. If you haven’t received any of these signs, simply ask your loved ones to come to you to let you know they are okay. Be patient .

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: SIGNS FROM LOVED ONES

Lainy,

I believe. :-)  My father passed away in April 2001 from congestive heart failure. I missed him dearly but always felt his love and I knew he left us knowing how much we all loved him. A few years later my precious little Corgi, Stubby, became ill. I had to put him down on my dad's birthday. I was absolutely brokenhearted. Within a couple of days we started noticing that our computer would come on in the middle of the night all by itself. My brother who is an electrician said there's no way it would just restart. My husband and I kept waking up to the glow of the screensaver. I finally realized that it was my dad telling me everything was okay and that Stubby was with him. As soon as I realized it was a sign from my dad, I felt better and the computer never came on again during the middle of the night. I truly believe my dad and Stubby are waiting for me to join them one day.

The group Diamond Rio has a song called 'I Believe'. If you have never heard it, please Google the song or the lyrics. It is a beautiful song.

God bless you, Shelley

Shelley,

I too believe and I love that song.  smile  They are always near and all around us.  We just have to be open to the signs. 

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Shellina, on my computer Teddy's pic from High Sch Graduation kept coming on one day, It was wild. I also read where a study was done using 2,000 people and 1/2 of them believed. The main thing brought out is that it gives one comfort.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy that is an awesome list and I must admit to all of the above happening at some point since Rob has transitioned.  What a wonderful inner glow when we realize that "spirit" is with us.  I, too, had a computer come on by itself totally out of the blue.  I would turn it off, go back and it had come back on...mind you this is a computer that broke right when Rob was diagnosed and we were unable to fix it (or him!).  Had literally been off for a couple of years while he was in the battle.  I got so frustrated at the time of the on/off episodes...asked Rob to print something on the screen as I longed for some communication besides just knowing he was present.   Unfortunately that did not happen.  I just had to content myself knowing that he was reaching out. Being open is so rewarding.

Wishing all God's blessings!

Hello Everyone....

I have not checked in for a while but I do come and visit the site often! This family will always me a part of me....

As time begins to pass since my dads passing, I find myself always looking for a sign from him and of course when I least expect it there here is...A couple weeks ago my sister and I were visiting family, we were standing outside as we looked up there was a humming bird flying right above in between my sister and I!!! We knew it was DAD!!!

Angie

Hi Angie, you bet it was him. I don't know  that birds of any kind come that close to humans. It was verification that he is well and happy. Now that you are alert to Dad's coming around you will begin to see more. I have learned recently that when they don't come around they are storing up energy for their next visit. Oh and everyone, I also learned you are supposed to thank them for visiting. Looks like a simple thank you works anywhere! I hope you and your family are doing ok and was just thinking of you the other day. Love that you stopped in.

So after telling you last week that Dad hasn't been around me in quite some time, I think he is now.  I've been needing him, which is when it always happens.  I think the closer I come to having the baby, the more I'm missing him and I'm definitely having a bit of a harder time with him not being here.

Anyway, the last 2 days, a gorgeous black and yellow butterfly has NOT left my daughter alone (and it's the only one we have seen around since it's just starting to warm up here).  It's actually been really funny to watch.  It flutters around her head, and she (being 3) is trying to do anything and everything to catch it or get it away from her.  It just won't give up.  Yesterday it was about 10 minutes of it landing on her or flying right in front of her face, just to fly far enough away to not get hit, and then right back at it again.  I finally said (out loud) after about 5 minutes "okay, crazy person here... Dad if that's you, take a little break and land for a minute".  I kid you not, the butterfly landed on a post on my deck 2 seconds after I said that and sat there for a minute before continuing it's torment on poor Katelyn.  I have a smile on my face (and a tear in my eye) today knowing he's around.

Jenn, AMAZING! Katelyn's Papa really loves her so much. Your Dad would not miss this birth for anything, in fact I bet he is playing with the new baby girl right now. He gets to see her first. Teddy's Granddaughter gave birth to her first, a boy, 15 months ago. Talk about reincarnation! He has Teddy's blue eyes, his short arms, his small body, his bow legs, his lips and you can see the muscles, the strength in him already that Teddy had. I call him my little boyfriend. What was really eerie was I "met" him when he was 7 months.  When the Granddaughter carried him through the door he fixated on me for a bit then held out his arms to me. I didn't let go of him the whole weekend. I am so excited for you and let the butterflies flutter!

Hello My CC Family,

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I continue to visit this wonderful website frequently.It has been almost 5 months that my Lovely Wife Ginger Graduated from life and became an Angel.Ginger visits me frequently in form a Butterfly.I never asked Ginger why she liked butterflies, all I know is that she liked them.A few years ago she got a tattoo on her back of a Butterfly and she also had a butterfly sticker on the back windshield of her car,its actually still there.So now everywhere that I go, I see butterflies.We used to go to the yard sales every Saturday morning.I used to tell her that I really cherished those moments,because that was our time together.A few Weeks ago I stopped at a yard sale and I bought these beautiful praying hands with a beautiful butterfly on them.Her urn has 4 engraved butterflies on it.A couple of months ago, I went to the local nursery to buy some plants and I seen this fake Fluttering Butterfly on a green plastic stake and it looked so real that I had to have one.I keep two flower arrangements on bases with her memorial at home.I put the Fluttering Butterfly on the vase with the flowers and it looks beautiful.Everybody like it,that I went back and bought 10 more of the Fluttering Butterflies and passed them along mine and hers(Family Members).On May 18th The American Cancer Society had their Relay For Life event locally.So I went and participated and I got a Luminaria,which a white paper bag.They use the Luminaria at night time to light up the track,they put a battery operated candle inside the bag.It looks beautiful at night time.I did a simple one, I wrote " My Angel Ginger" on the bag.I went back with my sister and kids and eventually made more bags at 10 dollars a bag(Donation).We got 8 of them.So when we went back for the Luminaria Ceremony, they were putting down the bags on both sides of the track and I went to help them.I girl handed me a stack full of paper bags and to my surprise.I got the bag(Luminaria) that I had made in the morning in memory of Ginger.It was actually the very first one that I put down.Im guessing there must have been 5 hundred bags or more.I just looked at it and said OMG this is the one I made this morning(What are the odds?)Then I thought about it and I said thank you for being there with me at that very moment.It was very beautiful and emotional moment for me.I share this story everywhere I go.So yes I am also a believer.thats why I am sharing it with all you wonderful people on this site.Thank you for being supportive.
I still continue to pray for all of the patients,caregivers and family members of this terrible disease.
God Bless You all,
Gerardo.

Oh, Gerardo, it's so good to see you again, your look'in great! I just love your post. What a wonderful husband you are and I understand where you are coming from as you and Ginger sound a lot like Me and my Teddy.  Your luminaire story really got to me, how beautiful. Are you keeping a special log of all Ginger's visits? My log now has 85 entries and that's in 2 1/2 years. It brings me so much comfort.  My 2 biggest visits were a month after he Passed when he actually came to me as an object and then again on my Birthday in April when he "sang" Happy Birthday to me from a picture I have of him when he was 8. The pic made a rattling noise but did not move and when I thanked him the sound jumped to a pic of me in my wedding dress! It was amazing. Good to hear from you and hope you are doing OK. If you don't mind I wrote a poem about 6 months after T passed and I feel that a lot of us feel the same way:
How Are You Doing?

Everyone asks me how I’m doing since you went away,
With a smile on my face I answer, “I really am okay”.
Matter of fact its very hard but I promised to be strong,
Until the time we meet again, in your arms where I belong.

In the morning when I wake, once where there was warmth all night,
There’s nothing but an empty space and a pillow to hold tight.   
Our closet now holds all my clothes it still looks kind of strange,
I try to make it look like more and constantly rearrange.

When I’m in the kitchen and working at the sink,
Many times I stop and this is what I think…..
If Teddy was here he’d grab me to give a little cue,
That he was about to hug me and say his, “I love you”.

No more are the corny jokes that grew longer by the year,
What I wouldn’t give now for just one more, to hear.
When someone calls, your message is still kept on the phone,
That way no one knows I am really home alone. 

When day is over and dinner is eaten by one, 
No more thank you-s for the meal well done.
Can’t find anyone to scratch my back,
There’s just a big hole here, a hole of midnight black.

But, how am I doing? I’m doing okay,
I know that you would want it that way.
And I know you are with me morning to night,
Still watching over me, that every things all right!

That is absolutely beautiful  Lainy! :-)

Shel, I also have one you might relate to, I wrote it 5 days before T passed, I hope it does make you feel better or at least know you are not alone here:

Time is growing closer I can see it in his eyes,
Time is growing closer, but we’ll have no sad ‘goodbyes’.
Memories abound from our precious moments spent,
To God it is, I’m sending, the most “precious” package sent.

These last few months of knowing, we’ve made a honeymoon,
In my mind a vision of an eternal, afternoon.
He still is my charming Prince, who taught me how to love,
And someday we’ll be together, in Heaven up above.

I will see him riding stars, I will see him in the moon,
And someday you will see us dancing to our favorite tune.
He will touch my face so gently, like he’s known to do,
It’s not goodbye forever, with memories bad or few.

All our love, my sweet one, is ours to hold so tight,
Until once again together on a mystical, magic night,
We will be again united to celebrate our dance around the sun,
And know that our eternity together, has only just begun.

14 (edited by shellina Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:25:33)

I love the poem Lainy. Between your poems and Pam taking a moment to send me a few words, my heart is filled. I truly feel blessed that I found this website. You all are so awesome.

Shelley

Thanks, Lainey, for making me write this through teary eyes.  I have never cried for myself, even knowing that this is a terminal disease.  When I cry, it is for my husband and the pain he feels now and will feel for some time after my passing.  For some reason - maybe my medical background? - I have been able to take a logical approach to this journey, hence the reason for this entry.
Right now it is 'easy' for us as I don't have any pain or symptoms, just a good liver gone bad...and getting badder by the moment.  I think it was Kris who wrote that people would approach her and say 'but you look so good', and that happens quite a bit to me...I think mostly because of the much-needed-weight-loss smile   However, chemo treatments are failing, and unless I can get into a life-extending Clinical Trial - like the one in NIH that Melinda attended - I expect things to start going downhill fast.

So I have a question to ask the Caretakers/Spouses/Loved Ones:
Was it/will it be easier (if one could even use that word!) having your loved one pass away in your home or in the hospital?  Please don't think of me as being morbid!  Sadly, I am a planner and like my ducks in a row when possible.  I am concerned that John would look at the house that we built together and think 'that is where she died'...just thinking/writing this is making me cry again.  I would like to make this as easy as possible on him and wonder what your thoughts are on this delicate subject.

I hope this is not hijacking a rather wonderful thread.  I don't know where else I could have posted this.  Thank you for your indulgence, Renee

Oh, Renee, I wish I could jump right through the computer and make everything bad go away! BTW you post wherever you want and I love the visit back to this thread and our "Believers" Club.
First I hope that you and your loved ones talk about where you are at. Talk, talk, talk. It will make this journey so much better for all. I think the patient sees things from a different perspective as I never looked at things, like a house, and felt it was where Teddy passed. I looked at everything as wonderful because it was part of Teddy. I still had all these things around me that were Teddy and that made me feel good. A year later I did sell the house and move to an apartment. I changed cars as I wanted a smaller car. I just gave the last of his cologne to a Grandson who said he loved Papa's colognes. About everything has been given to family members and I have a huge picture of Teddy right where we can see each other. Now, this is the strange part. I have been so strong, yet I cannot talk out loud to the picture. It upsets me too much. So, I have learned to talk to it silently if you know what I mean.
Teddy actually prepared all of us more than we prepared him for what was to come. T & I planned his Memorial, and when we got the final prognosis of about 6 months he prepared packets of all his jewelry and stuff and all the kids gathered with us in Milwaukee at a lake for a week and he spent his time being alone with one at a time. He gave his words of wisdom and their little packet. He was quite the planner. He was Sicilian (Catholic) and I am Jewish and he sang in Temple in the choir with me for 15 years so he asked his Priest if the Rabbi could be on the Pulpit for the Memorial. The Priest and Rabbi came for lunch and said of course they would do the Memorial together! First time EVER that a Rabbi was on the pulpit at this Church. And both choirs sang. I know everyone handles things differently but I believe that things are what one makes of them. You are the boss here and you will set the pattern. I am going to email you separately about home vs Hospice and will also give you my phone number. BTW laughter also helped get us through!

Hi Renee,

You are so brave for asking and being so selfless in putting your husband first.  I think it is so important that this is spoken about. 

I can't speak for my brother in law or the rest of the family but I was just relieved that my sister got the chance to tell us what she wanted and got what she wanted.  My sister died in March, at home in a bed in her living room.  She was told 2 weeks before she died that she would not be getting chemo and had at best 2 months to live.  She said at that  point she wanted to go home and she planned her funeral with her husband. 

Prior to her being told there was no more could be done, I knew she had at best a month to live and was pushing for help so decisions could be made.  Her GP asked me would she want to be at home or hospital and I had no idea.  Her daughter was 3yrs old and I didn't see how my sister being at home as she died could be done without it being too distressing.  Hospice was not possible as it is 2.5 hours away.   Being at home meant she wasn't in a hospital, miles away from us all.  It meant she was in bed in the middle of the house so when any of us were there, she was not isolated in a bed upstairs and was still very much with part of it all which she wanted to be.  I still see the bed and her in it but it doesn't distress me and it doesn't seem to upset her husband or her daughter.  Her son I don't know yet as he's 18 and has said very little about her dying. 

I do think 'this is where she died' when I'm in the house but I know that had it been a hospital, we all couldn't have been with her the way we were for 36 hours.  Just us, peaceful, her new candle on, surrounded by all the things that mattered to her.  She'd had enough of being in hospital. Its hard being in her House now but not because she died there- it's because she's not there anymore.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Nice. Clare and if I may add one more thing. I had Teddy's hospital bed in the living room. That is where the BIG TV was. The room was light and airy and he could see me all day putzing in the kitchen. Visitors were comfortable as well in there and there was plenty of room for the Hospice Nurses to work around him. Yep, it was good and he was happy.

Hi Renee,

I haven't been on here much since my daughter, Lauren, passed away in June. She passed in the hospital surrounded by her family that loved her more than anything. I don't think it mattered where she was as long as we were all with her to say goodbye. Poor kiddo never regained consciousness after surgery, so I hope she knew we were there. We miss her so much. You are very brave to face things head on, but I pray you find a great clinical trial.

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Pam, it does my old eyes and heart good to see you as you are very missed. Take your time, only you will know if you want to and can return.
Love you and certainly miss my partner in the humor department! Bless your family.

Thanks, Lainy. My Dad just had heart surgery last Friday and everything went great. Then out of the blue Sat. morning both his lungs collapsed and he almost died. They used emergency measures to get them reinflated and put chest tubes in. Poor guy had just been taken off the ventilator the day before and had to be intubated a second time. He is so strong and even at 81, by Sat. night he had the breathing tube removed and was walking!! He just got out of the hospital this evening and is doing great. It was hard being back in the place where Lauren died, but I did ok. Only one meltdown when he was moved to the regular floor from ICU and it reminded me so much of Lauren's first surgery when we were so full of hope. I still read your witty banter most days and can't wait to get back and be able to go back and forth with you.

I do want to ask you one more thing. I ask Lauren every night to come and see me in my dreams, but I don't feel she ever does. I do feel she is around and when I reread this thread I got a huge smile on my face because a while ago I was laying in my bed and I heard a buzzing noise that I couldn't figure out what it was. Probably Lauren, right? Also, sometimes I feel so peaceful and calm. She is probably around then too. I see a white butterfly every time I am at the cemetery. Lauren? Not sure about that one because she hated butterflies, plus I think she might be a little jazzier than a white butterfly. We find lots of pennies in weird places and strange things happen sometimes. Lauren or coincidence? I sure do miss hearing her voice and seeing her. Tomorrow it is 2 months since she has been gone. Take care Lainy, and all my CC friends. I love you all.

-Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Pam,

I think my post may have been a bit insensitive about dying at home and I apologise for that.  There is nothing wrong with not being at home and dying in hospital - I' m in no doubt that Lauren knew you were with her and that someone was always with her in the hospital. 

It's been 4 months since my sister died and in the last month, my mum also describes a calmness like you did above.  She feels her daughter with her a lot and gets a smell.  Usually when things are at their hardest for mum or when she has my sisters daughter with her is when it's most powerful.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Pam, oh my goodness, I hope your Dad is doing better every day. Gosh it's always something, yes? Pam you are a perfect example of the 'sandwich' generation, taking care of parents and children.
Pam I don't think Lauren and Teddy come when asked. I have been told they need to store up energy to do what they do. That buzzing you heard? I had that on my Birthday but it was more like Teddy's picture rattling, yet not moving.  I finally figured out he was singing Happy Birthday to me. It rattled for at least 5 minutes then jumped to a wedding pic of us and rattled there.
Lauren is learning the ropes but you are lucky that she has been around so much! Take care. P.S. Are you keeping a log of visits? It sure helps to read it when you are missing her.

Hi Clare,

I didn't find your post insensitive at all, so please don't apologize.

Lainy- I was not keeping a log, but I will start.

Pam I think that will make you happy as I am. When I feel down I just read my Log and I know T is all around me. By the way T was one of his nicknames so I am not being disrespectful. Can you imagine as of last week, 87 Teddy winks in 2 1/2 years!? Now if that isn't comfort I don't what is. I just date it and number it and write a very brief note as to what happened. A few months down the road you will look at Laurens 'winks' and say to yourself, "Wow she really has been around here a lot". LUV YA!