Re: Newly Diagnosed, new member ????

Hi, my name is Karen and this is my first posting to this site.  I was diagnosed at age 47 with CC in September 2011 and all things moved so quickly.  I had a 4.5 cm tumor in my left bile duct.  I under went liver resection, left lobe removed, Roux and Y, and various other things.  6 weeks after surgery I start low dose chemo and radiation treatment for 28 days.  My margins were not clear and had a positive lymph node. Currently I am going through chemo with Cis/gem.  My number one recommendation is to have a good surgeon who knows the liver inside and out.  When I was deciding on where to go, I was was told the surgeon was my best chance of survival.  It is all so overwhelming , so take one day at a time.  Good luck with everything.

Dear Karen, welcome to our extraordinary family and it looks like you are one of our CC Super Heros. You have already been there----done that! May I ask what Surgeon you used and where is he located? How are you doing now? Are you able to carry on close to your normal routine? You have come to the best place to be for a CC Patient. Please let us know how you are progressing..we really care and love the updates.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Cathy-
   Thanks for your advise.  She is having gem/cis at University of Iowa and in a couple months they will revisit her MRI and she may be placed on the transplant list.  We are keeping our fingers crossed for that...