Re: New one for my Believers!

Lanny,
Love the story of the hawk! That is a wonderful memory to have!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Holly honestly if you think you would like to read my Log I will be happy to send it to your email. There actually is some funny stuff in it. Don't you dare ask me to use my pull to get you up to the restaurant sooner  than later. I won't do it! And by the way everything that has happened has only been while I was awake or just falling asleep. Know what? You could start teaching them how to do an easy log and when and if that time comes and they are feeling lonely all they have to do is read the log to know you are still around them. Holly, you are a very courageous woman and i think taking about everything is very good. I do believe it is cathartic for everyone.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,
This weekend may not work but I will call you sometime next week to chat then maybe we can schedule for something next weekend?  How's that sound?  Looking forward to meeting you in person!

Jeeyoung

Jeeyoung, sounds great to me!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy,

there is a very interesting group on facebook you might like to check out.  It's called "Signs from our Loved Ones".

I think you would enjoy it.

Hugs to you!
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Just stopped in for a quick peek but this is the one subject I love to talk about and have few people who really believe or understand. I too have had many instances of Tom being near and communicating- not so many lately but I begged him to quit worrying about helping me and help my daughter and son-in-law. They have been trying to have a baby for years and have gone the surrogate route. My daughter was convinced it wouldn't work and they would be out $50,000 but I'm glad to announce things are going well. We don't know what the gender is  but they have one healthy baby due in Dec. Something wonderful to look forward to. I keep telling my daughter her Dad is the baby's guardian angel- he's been mine several times in near car accidents. One early  morning I was taking my dog to the vet and  was daydreaming when my overhead light flashed on, which brought me out of my trance just as a deer ran in front of me. Before Tom died we discussed (with much difficulty) his burial wishes. He knew I wanted to be cremated so in typical Tom fashion he asked which was cheaper, to be buried or cremated, Since it was cheaper to be cremated he said that would be fine but he wanted me to promise to be buried with him some day in in the family plot . I said okay but I think he was concerned I wouldn't follow through. Anyway I went ahead and had a beautiful stone set with both our names etc. The morning after they placed the stone on our plot I got up ,made coffee, went in the living room and tried to shut my son's x-box off. It would go off then back on so I finally gave up. Then I went back out top the kitchen to get some more coffee, looked out the window and my car headlights were flashing on and off. I went out and changed them from automatic to manual and they went off. Later that day I put them back to automatic and they were fine. They've never done it again. I'm sure it was Tom telling me he was happy with the stone and me keeping my promise. He isn't buried there yet. I told my kids to mix us up together someday and bury us then. He's sitting on my dresser right now. a lot of people think that's creepy but I love having him close! I find all of these visits very comforting! Lainey I hope you have a good trip. Take care of yourself!! I'll post again soon. I'm really supposed to be ordering things for my greenhouse right now so I need to go. Take care  all, Mary

Mary, Mary, CONGRATULATIONS on the bundle coming down from Tom. My inside car lights have also done the "I am here thing". Teddy's Grandaughter had a baby boy 14 months ago. He was 5 days late and I said His Great Papa didn't want to let him go. This little guy is so Teddy I cannot believe it. He has his blue eyes, his shorts arms, his body, his bow legs and he is so fast, alert, very strong, smart and in his eyes you can see an old soul. I met him when he was about 7 months and he would not take his eyes off me and only wanted to be with me. Its big tears every time I think about him. Will be interesting to watch him grow. Mary you have done so well. I am so proud of you! One last thing and hope I don't get fired for this one.....We decided Cremation for both of us and my family was upset. I told them I wanted our ashes mingled together. My daughter asked me why and again I said we will be together for eternity. My daughter-in-law called my Robin and said, "Can you believe that your Mom who spent her life so crazy clean wants to spend eternity as dust???She was very serious. I said I also wanted Robin to make sure that someone turned the Vase upside down once a month. Robin said, "MOM!!! and I answered....here it comes....Well, I don't want to be on top all the time!?  Bada bing, Bada Boom, folks there you have the real me!!!!    Mary drop in again we have had a lot join our believers club !  Keep up your wonderful attitude.

Oh Lainy...thanks for the wonderful laugh!!  Rob and I also choose the cremation route and his ashes are in a vase awaiting the day we are combined together and then scattered in a meaningful place to the both of us.  It is a comfort to hold the vase at stressfilled times and on special dates.  How nice that we can come forward, Lainy, Mary, and talk about our way of doing "life".  Be well all!

Wishing all God's blessings!