Topic: Baptism in New Church

So, many of you know I started going to church 3 years ago, about 8 months before my diagnosis.
In March, I finally figured out that no matter how I fought, God had a plan for me all along. So... I am getting baptized in the New Church. I was raised Lutheran, and have been baptized, but I feel that this is MY choice... To let Him know that I choose Him. And that I've given it up to Him. It's His will, and I'm trying not to worry about it anymore.
It's going to be May 19 at the end of the service.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Baptism in New Church

Kris that is wonderful, not to be funny either but, Bless you.  Even though I am Jewish, raised my kids Jewish, last October my Robin did the same thing. I always say, as I usually do, we are all going to the same place we are just taking different paths to get there. I was amazed how Teddy's Catholic Faith got him through...along with some help from my Rabbi too! Boy, we are going to have so much to talk about.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Congratulations, Kris.

Willow

Kris,

Religion is a personal matter and whatever church you wish to belong to is great! Happy Baptism on May 19th!!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hey Kriss,

Happy baptism...all the best

Lou

Hi Kris,

A wish you a very special, spiritual baptism on May 19th.  I'll be thinking about you that day.

Mary

that's beautiful, kris! and BTW Lainy, I'm sort of like your Robin...I still consider myself Jewish but also believe in Jesus. After all, Jesus and all the first "christians" were Jews and even the first pope (Peter) was a Jews!!!!!!

Hi Betzee girl, I will say this, each to his own as I always taught my kids tolerance of others. Sadly this did not happen in a "good" way. I don't think a decision like this is made in 2 months after you meet a man! So far, I do not like how this happened  after her big involvement as a Jew. We were very traditional but not the most religious. Although she was the first girl on both sides of the family to be Bat Mitzvah. However, there is no way I am going to loose a daughter. So, I support, mentally, all she is doing at the church but she knows I question it in my mind.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

My baptism was this morning... Very moving! My pastor asked me to give a "what led me here" speech. I spent about 4 or 5 hours on it... Did the speech to myself, changed it, etc... Got up there this morning and didn't want to give that speech. It didn't say enough. So I winged it! (Thank God for karaoke! Who can say that?) my impromptu speech was much better than the one I had prepared. I had everyone crying, then laughing as I told of my journey through finding religion, God and how my cancer journey is intertwined...

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris....I can just imagine  - it must have touched every emotion possible in those listening to your story.  Kudos to you, dear Kris. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Congratulations on your baptism Kris!!!  Sounds like it was a very emotional, but uplifting, morning for you and the congregation.

Mary

Dear Kris, Congratulations. I would have expected no less from you! Having any kind of faith, I believe helps one get through the most trying times. You know we are all going to the same place, just taking different paths to get there. I think it helps bring one calm and Peace! Again, Congratulations!

I hope this link goes thru. This is my baptism! http://vimeo.com/66822233

KrisJ

oh, Kris.....my tissues are soaked with joy for you.  What a touching an moving speech you gave and how your determination and kindness showed through so strongly.  I am so in awe of you.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kris,

Thank you for sharing.  It was absolutely beautiful!!!  You words were eloquent!!!

Mary

Kris, this is just beautiful, thank you for sharing with all of us.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Thanks for sharing that Kris!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.