Re: 37 year old male diagnosed with stage 4 CC - welcoming any advice

Thanks again for the responses, incredible stuff.

It sounds like "targeted therapy combined with chemo" has had some success, going to read more about it.

Btw, interesting feedbacks that I'm getting from these posts about Dr. Kato of NY Presbyterian Columbia Hospital. I have heard of Dr John Chabot who works at same hospital (same place that Kato works at) that has performed surgeries that no else is willing to do.

Jason, so does Dr. Kato. If you end up in NY there are quite a few Members on here who can help with Lodging for the family and etc. This is a tough decision however, I am sure you will make the right decision for you and that's when things start rolling and you feel better just knowing something is being done! Best wishes.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jason. The interventional radiologist that works with Dr. Kato at New York Presbyterian is Dr. Sperling and he is awesome. I also adore the surgeon Dr. Faciutto, head of liver transplants and everything liver at Mt. Sinai in nyc. He is just wonderful, so knowledgeable and kind. I have a lot of drs - - you can never get too much info with this disease. At Hopkins, Dr. Azad is a great oncologist also. I am one of those inoperables who went on to have surgery - - not curative but palliative, but I am almost cancer free at the moment and thus have hopes of more quality time with my children. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

Dear Holly, tell Jason, go on, you are one of our Super Heros, paving the way to a cure! I like to think of Holly as the little engine that could! So you see, Jason we do have hope here and we do have Miracles!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Jason!
I don't have much more too add. Looks like you have got some awesome advice!
Has it spread from your liver? If not, you might want to look into transplant. There are a few good hospitals that will transplant CC patients. I have been on the list for months.
Anyways, your not alone! Hang in there.

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the site. Sorry that you had to find us all and I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. But you so did the right thing in coming here as you are definitely in the best place for support and help, and you'll get a ton of both from everyone here.

Not much I can add to what the others have already said to you, but I just wanted to welcome you here. Please do keep coming back and let us know how everything goes for you. And if we can help in any way just ask and we'll do what we can for you.

And for sure, certainly seeking these 2nd or 3rd opinions will not do any harm at all, so go for it! You mentioned photodynamic therapy at Mayo, my dad had that as his treatment here in Scotland so if I can help with that if you want more info on it please just ask. And please know as well that we are here for you, stay strong!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks again everyone for spending the time to post your replies.

So far, I have not been told that the cancer have spread to the liver.

Tiff....it always is thrilling to hear from you.  Tiff, would you be so kind as to share with us again the plan set in place for you?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thank you Marion! I started a new topic about my plan! I didn't want to take over Jason's. yikes)

Jason- If it hasn't spread, then you should take to the doctors about transplant. I see Dr. Javle at MD Anderson, and he helped me get on the list at Methodist!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Ok Tiff, will do.