Topic: Just me being obsessive.

Hi Everyone,

This has been bugging me and most of you probably don't care, but I thought I would post just for my own crazy obsession or whatever you want to call it. Everyone has their own thing that just drives them crazy. Mine is spelling, grammar, anything to do with writing. I always worry that something I post may be misspelled, worded incorrectly, etc,.etc.,etc. So, with that said, I must tell you that I know when using words like mother, father, sister, and brother that they are not capitalized. I find that I must capitalize these words on this site and I do it as a form of respect for your loved ones. I just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure many of you have crazy obsessions or quirks as well. Lainy, aren't you a clean freak and have been known to polish the stones in your yard? Haha. Tell me your quirky habits so I don't feel like the only weirdo. Now, if only I would have been blessed with the cleaning obsession...

Love you all,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Just me being obsessive.

HA,HA,HA and I didn't space my Ha's, Pam. I have felt the same way!!! OMG! If we ever got together the world would come down around us. Well, I am a clean freak. My whole life I have been accused of clearing the table before people were done eating. I don't do that anymore, probably because I can't eat that fast now. There is a place for everything and everything in it's place. I say some really dumb things lately but I attribute that to the 3 Meds I am on for UC. As for typing errors that's not me it's the computer. Dogone, I am pretty fantastic! Joking. I do detest ironing but love doing windows. I am always for the underdog. Pam, how did you remember that remark Teddy made about polishing the stones??? Nothing wrong with your memory. Oh, I can get angry about something but 1/2 later don't remember why, always been like that. But it's so funny you brought thisw up how you did as I also feel to capitalize a name like that is for respect. Say, who says we can't make our own rules?

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I too remember that quote from Teddy about you cleaning the stones outside your house if he'd let you!! I hate cleaning and would take ironing over cleaning each and every day of the week! Pretty good at ironing as well! But not as an obsession Pam!!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi, everyone,

With regard to this subject,I will disagree . Please remember, this is  a forum for  the international community too ,especially if we want to expand our presence to other parts of the world in the future.
English is not my native language, as you can see, I have lots of mistakes made (spelling, grammar,the use of Capital letters, periods,hyphens etc.) for most of my entries. But in my heart, I know one thing for sure; if I try my best, people will understand and God will be pleased.
In my opinion, as long as we can understand each other  in the message  we communicated,that will be fine.  The suggestion is fine but we have to understand we have to accept that there are billions of people who just know a bit  of English only from other parts of the world and  want to ask questions to help their disease but afraid to do so due to the fear of misspelling and grammar, or becoming a laughing stalk. In that way we lost the opportunity to serve them and the purpose of the forum
BTW, sometimes when people are writing emotionally, it happens too, but we understand they are writing under extreme  emotional stress and they just want  to vent out their frustration and anger as fast as and as much as they can write, and in that context. I really do not mind as long as they can convey their feeling to all of us.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

AW, Percy, it was all not meant as serious. So sorry, if it upset you but it was meant in jest. We would NEVER, EVER make fun of anyone if we thought it would upset them. I think you do excellent, I have always understood you. In fact I read the posts so intently, and understand them, I sometimes find myself talking then with the accent of the writer. You are such a compassionate man I would sure want you watching my back for me! Someyimes I get mixed up and I think I am speaking my own foreign language! Luv ya!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

This is an interesting subject, dear Pam.  I believe that obsessions are accepted as quirky products of one’s association cortex.  It does not represent anything more than that.

In the context of this incredible discussion forum, our members are the most unique of individuals.   This board is comprised of people with diverse backgrounds; we are an international community with collective thoughts on a cancer that has no geographical limitations.
We come together due to a disease little understood and underserved in the area of research and medical treatments.  It is important for us to be heard and not be held back by a language barrier because; we are focused on the context of the posting. 

I know that you meant no harm by pointing out your obsession with spelling however; I want to make sure that no one misinterprets the intent of your thread. 

Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I am sorry if I offended you, Percy. I was talking about myself and nobody else. I love reading posts from everyone and only look at their intent. Your posts are always very informative. I can't imagine how hard it would be to learn any other language.  I was just trying to have fun and get  others involved to lighten the mood because we are all living such difficult lives facing CC. Please do not take it as anything but that.

-Pam

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear Pam,
I was definitely not blessed with Lainy's cleaning gene ... and typing is two fingers... but I am a calligrapher and miniatures painter by hobby and that's where my peculiar brand of ocd comes out!
Your posts are always so abundantly filled with LOVE and compassion I am happy to see your name before the post because I know I will get a warm fuzzy feeling. just keep doing whatever you are doing - - we love you! As Percy said, it's the heart's intent that shines through, always.  xox Holly

Nicely said, Holly.  And, look at all the things you are involved with.  You are super woman. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So, Holly you must be very patient. I could never paint minatures or anything that takes patience. I was Caretaker to my first Mother-in-law for 10 years, she Passed from Leukemia. I just loved her so much. Beside her staying with us when she would come home from the Hospital, I had to find something to keep me busy at the hospital as well. So, I took up knitting. In High School I flunked home Ec cause I couldn't sew worth a darn. I was so proud as I knitted a brown cardigan sweater in the hospital. Came time to put it together and I had knitted 2 left sides!! Never picked up a needle again. I guess we all have our talents and that's a wonderful thing. Thanks for your kind words, you should writing at the top of your talents!

Thanks for the lovely post, Holly. You are so precious.

Lainy, I think we must be sisters or maybe cousins. I am also terrible at sewing. I was a very bad girl in middle school. I snuck my sewing projects home and had my Mom work on them so I wouldn't flunk Home Ec. At least you did your own work! Haha!!!!!!

12 (edited by randigb Mon, 06 May 2013 18:25:15)

Oh my Lainy!!  All that work and 2 left sides!!  I guess I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry. I shared your story with my husband (because I was laughing out loud and he wondered what I was laughing at) and he suggested that you should have knit two right sides and made 2 sweaters!  Only my engineer husband would think of that instead of just putting down the needles forever (like I would have done as well).

I must confess I try to be particular with my spelling and grammar, however, I often fall short (still can't remember the difference between then and than!).  And I cannot even imagine learning and being able to write and speak another language (hats off to you Percy and all of our other international friends). I do not hold others to my OCD standard.

Perhaps we should mark any of our "less then (or than!) serious" posts with a smiley face at the beginning smile

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi,
As far as I am concern, I rush to judgement too soon after reading the message again ;for that I am sorry for my commenting too soon without fully understand the intent of the author.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Percy, I don't know how tall you are. Teddy was 5' 5" and I used to say how does a short man stand so tall?  And for you since I don't know  how tall you are I will say how does any man named Percy stand so tall. LUV Ya.

Love you, Percy.