Topic: Liver Center Surgeons Perform 1st Liver Transplant in Md. For Bile Duc

Liver Center Surgeons Perform 1st Liver Transplant in Md. For Bile Duct Cancer.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/univer … imedia%5D=

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Liver Center Surgeons Perform 1st Liver Transplant in Md. For Bile Duc

http://www.umm.edu/news/releases/therap … splant.htm

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

WOW- so exciting!! Glad to see the east coast is catching up with the midwest!!
Cathy

BEAUTIFUL words, Beautiful!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wish the UK would hurry up and catch up as well!!

That article just reaffirms how lucky I was to be diagnosed by a doctor who I never met and knew exactly what he saw. I will always remember his words, "I know what I saw and I know it will come back a false negative but it is cholangiocarcinoma  and her only hope is a liver transplant with Dr. Chapman"!! No fuss no mess, a diagnose and treatment plan in 2minutes!! I can't even order McDonalds that fast and it be right too!!! LOL!!
I am alive because of God, 2strangers,  Dr. Aliperty and Dr. Chapman!
Cathy

That sounds hopeful that there really is a chance for a liver transplant with cholangial carcinoma. Did you also have a diagnosis of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis with ducts in the liver not functioning?