Topic: Misspelled Cholangio???

Has any one else noticed cholangiocarcinoma  comes up as misspelled word on our site??? LOL!!
Cathy

Re: Misspelled Cholangio???

Where, Cathy?  In the search engine?

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

When I first wrote my intro post and wrote the c word it put a red line under the word,try it...cholangiocarcinoma  !!!!!

Oh, I get it.  Yes, Microsoft Word does not recognize the spelling of our disease.  In fact, when we first started to attend conferences, we made sure to ask physicians and researchers to please change over from bile duct cancer to Cholangiocarcinoma.  (Bile duct cancer works.)
Some time back I requested the NCI to change over also however; I was told that it was too difficult of a task due to the high amount of literature already submitted over the years.
So, we are stuck with it (for right now that is.)
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER