1 (edited by tiff1496 Thu, 09 May 2013 13:58:40)

Topic: I might be getting a new liver...and SOON!

I'm going to be part of a donino liver transplant!

The persons liver I will be getting is on the very top of the list, because of a heart problem.
To read more about what is going on here.....
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18555132

He does have FAP. I have talk to a few doctors....Dr.javle, Dr. Fung from the Cleveland clinic and all the doctors and surgeons at Methodist think its the best for me! I might not ever give me any problems, and if it does, it could take 30 years to develop. That's a lot better odds than CC!
It could be any day...or a few weeks. We just don't know!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

Re: I might be getting a new liver...and SOON!

OMG! OMG! Tiff what extraordinary, fantastick, awesome news!  WOW. I, Me I am at a loss for words, really I am, this is so phenominal. You must be so excited. Prayers, are going to be heaped on you. I have tears of joy right now, this is unbelievable. Best of everything for you and your family!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

This is such fabulous news!  You must be excited and nervous at the same time.  Congrats!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Tiff,
Thanks for the info.....now I understand.
Love ya
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Wow Tiffany that is such great news. I have been praying for you and your young family. You are blessed to have Doctors that seem to be doing everything possible for you.
All my thoughts

Tiff....fantastic news.  I like the odds.  It mentions disease occurrence is only 2 out of more than 500 patients so far have developed symptoms after domino liver transplantation using an FAP liver. Tiff, will you be staying in Texas or are you traveling to another state?
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Right now I'm in Alabama. I have 3 people that own their jets and are willing to take me out there day or night. They are on call to me. There is also 3  flights to Huston, but that would all be in the timing of when they call me, if I use them (United I think).
I might head out there around the holiday and wait.

I also like the odds of this! Dr. Javle said if it was to develop that it could take 20-30 years. He also said there will be better treatments.

I will try to keep yall updated! If not, Lisa is in the loop! So she can post for me!

Marions- Isnt this all crazy! Just after our emails!

Tiff, this is CRAZY GOOD!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

God is working it out for me! I'm excited!
I'm worried they will open me up and find more. What is everyone's thoughts on this? I have had 2 clean PET scans

I am so happy for you, Tiffany!! I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a new liver.   smile

Lisa

11 (edited by marions Fri, 10 May 2013 00:02:47)

Sure it is crazy, Tiff, for this to come about so soon after our mailing each other.  Good to know that our Lisa is our contact person in case you don't have the opportunity to keep us informed.  My heart is with you and your family and the doctor performing the surgery and the person donating his liver and the family of the original donor, who is giving life to others.  So much to be thankful for.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lisa, that is just your nerves. Like why would they even consider this if they had any doubts but that you are clear and ready to go. I also feel it's natural in your position to have these thoughts. I just get the chills when I picture you calling  the pilot, running to the plane, calling Lisa...Are you keeping a bag packed?

Hi Tiff,

This is absolutely brilliant news and thanks for sharing!!! You know that everything will be crossed for you here and tons and tons of positive thoughts are coming your way also! I too like the odds that you mention and yes, in 20-30 years time no doubt there will be many new treatments and procedures to deal with CC.

A crazy time indeed right now for you all and please stay positive. I guess that the thoughts you are having must be normal but stay strong and stay positive. No wonder you are excited!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Oh Tiff,

I just read this and am so happy for you to have this wonderful opportunity. 
Hoping that it all works out and everything goes smoothly.  Lots of positive thoughts heading your way.

Love & hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Thank you all! Today I'm going to pack a small bag, I don't think I will need too much until after I get out of the hospital. And because we will be flying on a small jet, we can't take a lot of stuff with us.

Tiff, your killin me, in a good way. Everytime I see that you have made a new post I just jump! It's like I am waiting for a new baby to come!

I am so excited for you, Tiff.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Great news!  Keep us posted and lots of prayers for you and your family!

Susie

Lainy wrote:

Tiff, your killin me, in a good way. Everytime I see that you have made a new post I just jump! It's like I am waiting for a new baby to come!

I'm ready to deLIVER this baby! LOLOLOL

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.

Tiff, BEST ONE EVER!  I just fell off the chair laughing!

Tiff:
Excellent news!! I am SSSSOOOOOOOOO excited for you!! No worries: God brought you here!! You just have to BELIEVE!

I can't wait to hear the great news!!!!

You have been in my prayers every night: now I'm changing them!! "Thank you God for getting Tiff where she is! And thanks for the successful transplant!!"

Love ya!! And LOTS of cyber hugs!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi Tiff,

This is exciting news! I like those odds. Sending tons of positive thoughts your way.

Hugs,
Eli

Wonderful news Tiffany!  I am so happy for you and your family.

Suzy

Still here and waiting! Talked to the Methodist Hospital today, and there isn't much they can say. Still could be any time or weeks. Now that mothers day is over, I wish it would hurry and get here.
I have a few emails from yall. I'm going to reply to them tomorrow, it was a busy weekend.
<3

Thanks, Tiff, for checking in with us.  Know that we are in the countdown with you, all the way.  Keep up your spirits and reach out to others including to us, anytime. 
Hugs,
Marion