Topic: First PET scan results and CA 19-9 results since finishing chemo

So today was the follow up visit for my husband.

He finished his first round of chemo (2 weeks on/1 off for 8 weeks total.)

He has stage 4 CC (in liver, lungs, lymph nodes)

PET scan shows...

All tumors (liver, lymphs and lungs) have "shrinkage" (liver tumor is 66% smaller.)

His CA 19-9 went from 77 to 31 (so he's back in the normal range.)

We are happy that he has responded so well to chemo thus far
and happy for shrinkage and happy for normal CA 19-9.

Off to another round of chemo on Thursday.... smile

He feels great, and that is the most important thing of all for now! smile

Re: First PET scan results and CA 19-9 results since finishing chemo

HIP, HIP, HURRAY! WOW! Did ya ever expect such a wonderul report? It is all fantastic and no side effects. Holy Toledo! I am ecstatic! Remember the song (or U may B too young) "Yes, I Believe in Miracles!". Keep em coming! A,other great example of why you don't give up when you hear 'stage IV'. You ROCK Bompies!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Wow...that is fantastic.  And, you have only begun with a few more of these treatments.  Based on his response, your husband is the perfect candidate for this therapy.  Keep it coming.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Yippee Yahoo to you and your hubs, Dorien!!! I am so happy that things are looking better. Now, you go tell him to keep up the great work!!!! This is the stuff we love to hear around here.

Hugs,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

That is such good news Dorien. Am so happy for your family!

Awesome news! So happy for y'all!

~Tiffany~ 31 years young wink Fighting CC since 10-27-2011
Wife to Brian; Mommy to Carter (8) and Madison (4)
http://tiffanyschwantes.wordpress.com/
Liver transplant 7-9-2013

That's wonderful news, Dorien!!!!! Keep on trucking in that direction and you never know how far your husband can go in turning this CC around and keeping it at bay!
Willow

Willow

This is great news about your husband Dorien! Shrinkage, love it!! And feeling good too, excellent!! Onwards and upwards!!

My best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I am so excited for you.  My husband (38 yrs old and just diagnosed) starts Gem/Cis on Thursday.  I pray that we get the same results.  His is in liver and lymph nodes.

Wonderful news...love to hear this!  Congrats!
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Fantastic results!

Take care
Lou

Great news Dorian,  keep on keepin' on!  Shrinkage = woop woop!