Topic: Having procedure today, 5/20

I'm having the procedure today to have stents or external drain put in to help lower bilirubin and make me eligible for more aggressive chemo.  Bili has to go down to 5 to be eligible for the aggressive chemo.  Mine was at 22.1 last Wednesday and I'm guessing it's higher now given I'm more yellow.

Please pray that the doctor can get the stents in so I don't have the external drain.  Would be great if I woke up with no external drains!

I'm at the hospital now - procedure is scheduled for 11.15am EDT.

Thanks,
Mary

Re: Having procedure today, 5/20

Mary,  hope all goes well with the procedure.  Good thoughts on their way to you.

Good luck Mary.  Hope all goes well with your procedure.

Jason

Mary, I am praying all goes well for you!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Mary, very best of luck and good wishes! We are all cheering and you get those pink boxing gloves on! Later....we want to see you with Stents! Enough of the yellow!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Everything is crossed here for you Mary!!! I so hope that this goes well for you and loads of positive thoughts again are heading your way!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I know I am a little late responding and you are probably already awake and not seeing an external drain.  Sending positive thoughts your way.

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Mary,
So happy for one stent and no drain...God is Good
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Hoping all went well and your bili is coming down so you can start chemo soon. Take care, Mary!

Willow

Hi Everyone,

I can't thank you enough for your kind words and prayers.  I did have a little issue today but they took care of it and sent me home WITH THE STENT - NO EXTERNAL DRAIN!!!  I am so happy about this and am hoping it stays good with no problems.  My bili was 22.1 last Wednesday and today is 19.1!!!  So I think that's a good start.  I hope this downward trend continues.

Thanks again everyone - you are all such kind, wonderful people in horrible situations with this disease.  My hope and prayers are that they find new and more effective treatments to help us all.

Mary

11 (edited by Lainy Tue, 21 May 2013 23:15:20)

Dear Mary. A SUCCESS! I am so happy for you, you got just what you wished for and I hope it continues to be a good little stent! No reason to think otherwise. YEA!!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Glad to hear it Mary!!  Glad your billi is dropping.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Mary......so happy that everything worked out for you.  You deserve the break, dear Mary.  Enjoy the success.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

So glad you were able to get the stent!

Suzy

Mary: SO HAPPY to read the news!! Yay!! I hope and pray the downward bili trend continues, too!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Glad you got to come home Mary...talk to you tomorrow.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Hi Mary,

This is such great news, thanks for sharing it! I'm majorly chuffed for you that you got the stent and fingers crossed that the bili keeps heading south!!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Yeah!  Glad you are more comfortable.