Topic: The "Doors" lead Singer passed away today from CC

I know us 'older' folks will remember the Doors and their lead singer Ray Manzarek. He passed today from CC. He was 74 and lived in California. The article stated bile duct cancer. I just don't understand why it is always such a secret when a Celebrity gets CC. Sympathies to his family.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: The "Doors" lead Singer passed away today from CC

So sad.  I am not sure people have enough time to disclose their battle with this disease unfortunately. 

RIP Ray.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Wait I just read the article about him and it said a "long battle with bile duct cancer".  Hmmmm... now I am curious as well why it's kept such a secret.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

4 (edited by hercules Mon, 20 May 2013 18:30:49)

Ray Manzerek was a great musician who touched many lives with his music,I grew up loving the doors and Ray made a lot of people happy and the world will miss him, Pat        P.S. Ray played keyboard and back up vocals, Jim Morrison was the colorful and animated lead singer, died in Paris in 1969

Lainy, Randi, I thought the same thing. I also found it interesting "Stand-up2Cancer" was there "in memory of" choice, maybe they just weren't aware of us.
RIP Ray, loved your music!!
Cathy

I am kind of laughing because we are all labeling ourselves "older" by knowing exactly who he was!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Very sad indeed. I liked the Doors when I was a teenager along with a load of other bands and artists from that era, even though I wasn't born then!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Wait Gavin, I think that post just made me feel really old...thanx. smile

Oops, apologies Randi!! I grew up in the 80's listening to a very wide range of music from 60's stuff to punk and loads of everything else! Thinking about it, I feel old too now!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.