Topic: A quick Hello

Hi All

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.  Even though I don't post much I do pop in now and again to see how you are all doing. The CC bond is too strong to break.

I keep in touch with a few of you on Facebook, if any of you want to add me just search for "Andrea Fear was Clark" or search me through Gavin's friends.

I've been busy as usual, my Jamie turned 12 Friday so we had a busy weekend at Thorpe Park Theme Park and the Harry Potter Studio Tour London.  Jamie got to open the doors to the Great Hall at the start of the tour because he was celebrating his birthday. 

Mom is still having her down days but she is also having more up days too.  Looking back she has made so much progress.  She has now got her pensioners bus pass so she can get out and about when I'm at work.  Lainy she still leaves the doors open but Dad still lets her know!!

We went through a rough patch a few months ago when Ant lost his job, during that time the white feathers would turn up in the strangest of places.  It was as if Dad was saying it will be ok.  He was right, after a few bumps in the road, Ant is now settled and we are doing ok again.  He's also managed to get his Ulcerative Colitis under control after a scare, his scan was fine and the Doctor has now put him on yearly check ups, which is a bonus.  Mom was a tower of strength to us during these tough times and I really don't know how we would have coped without her help.

Lainy, enjoy your Grandson's Wedding, I look forward to hearing all about it and I just know Teddy will be right by your side. Enjoy your break and family time.

Love to all

Andie x

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Re: A quick Hello

Hi Andie,

Great to hear from you on here again and thanks for letting us know how things are going for you all! Thorpe Park sounds like a great time and I'm guessing that you didn't go on the Slammer!!!

Glad to hear that your mum is having more up days than down ones and yes, I am sure that she has made a ton of progress over time. And I bet that she was a tower of strength during you and Ant's rough patch, that's what mums do isn't it! That's great Ant is working again and also about the UC, yearly check up's sound much better than more frequent ones too. m

And for sure, that CC bond is far too strong to break!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Andie, I cannot believe that Jamie is 12! What a fun Birthday! I am also so happy that Dad is still around. Not happy about Ant's job but all is well that ends well. May I ask you what he is taking for his UC? That is my big problem too. I am now on Humira, Uceris and a small dose of Prednisone. I hope he is doing better, it's just so debilitating sometimes I feel I am in jail. Thanks for the wonderful update and may the white feathers and the knock at the door continue!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Andrea,

The pictures of Jamie's birthday are awesome - looks like you all had a great time.  Thorpe Park looks like my kind of place.  I'm with Gavin - LOVE rollercoasters!! 

So glad to hear everything is okay with Ant - what a difficult and scary time that must have been!!  I'm sure your Mom actually thrived on helping out when and how she could.  I'm sure it was good for her to have something to focus on.  Mom still has up and down times too.  She has to have gallbladder surgery this summer and we told her not to wait, that we are all pretty sure if we went to see her and she was jaundiced because she waited too long and had a blockage, we'd all have panick attacks and quite possibly heart attacks.  Yellow is not a colour and of us are fond of.  She booked it pretty quickly.  Ha ha. 

Glad you are doing well Andrea!

Jen