Topic: The week before June in Scotland.......

Fancy a summer holiday, some sun on your back?? Come to Bonnie Scotland this week then......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22641172

wink

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: The week before June in Scotland.......

Wow Gavin snow and it's the end of May!!!  I've had my fill of snow for the season - looking forward to some nice, spring weather!!!

Indeed Mary! Much brrrrrrr there, far too much for this time of the year me thinks!! Bring on the spring weather, please!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hailstorms in London today, too hmm

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

5 (edited by marions Fri, 24 May 2013 15:42:09)

Oh my.  My sister is reporting poor weather in Germany also.  In fact, I had been there in Fall of last year and returned in Spring of this year and it seems that Winter still has not left. 
The weather in Northern California is quite different from all the previous years too - not nearly as warm with much wind.  Not too great for someone suffering from allergies (me).
Sure hope that Summer will pop in real soon in your region.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Don't panic Julia, stay calm now!! wink

Some days it feels like winter is still hanging around here too Marion! It's been a long cold winter this time and the wind too is doing my head in! Been like that for an age now and it's playing havoc with my mums flowers. They fight through the cold to show a bit of life then they take a pounding from the wind and collapse! The tulips were over a month late this year and they are now in tatters with the gales. Nature can be tough sometimes!

Roll on the summer please! smile

Thanks, Gavin smile I'm in Scotland with a friend this weekend. I wish we were staying longer so I could come to Dundee to see you. We're off to the Highland Games in Pitlochry. It was a really easy journey, so I hope I can visit again and say hello and see all the wonderful sights of your stamping-ground.

Marion, it's been such a hard winter, hasn't it. I hope the wind drops and your allergies can settle down.

Love xx

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician."

Yes, Julia,  Northern California is generally warmer than what we are experiencing presently however; it pales to what is going on in Europe.  This is a strange weather pattern I believe for most countries.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Even here in the northeast the weather is crazy! April heat wave, then frost in May. Wed. was sweltering: I believe it was around 90 and today's high was around 60!!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

I'm near Marion in Northern CA... Was at an outdoor concert to itchy to kick off Memorial Day weekend and we had to leave early because we were freezing... But that is a figure if speech here...we are SO spoiled with gorgeous temperate climate, lush produce and amazing vino in these parts of the world. Those of you in Europe, hope you can make it out here some day!

Willow

11 (edited by marions Sat, 25 May 2013 09:08:59)

Good description, Willow.  Do you remember (several years back) when it rained for the entire month of January and all but two days in February?  TV stations enlisted the help of Psychologists to speak to the super depressed population of Northern California. Some of their comments:  "Sorry, but we can't do anything about the weather" and finally "you are spoiled, people". I considered moving South, but then it was raining there also.  Would have had to go south of Mexico to escape the seemingly never ending rain.  Besides, my husband was not too keen on the idea of moving his law praxis to South America.
So, yes, Willow is describing it perfectly.  We should not complain, but it is hard not to when warm weather is on my mind.
Hugs,
Marion

Hope you're enjoying life up here in Scotland Julia! And thanks by the way for bringing a bit of your southern sun for us all! Yes all, it is sunny today, but not very warm so Julia won't have to worry about meeting the midgies, their bites itch like mad!! wink

I see from your FB posts Julia that you and your friend have been enjoying the views! Very scenic indeed they are as well, kilts and all too! I hope you will like Pitlochry, it is really nice up that way and you should enjoy the Highland Games but watch out for flying cabers!

Have a great time! And for sure if you are up this way again the let me know and we can meet up.

Hugs,

Gavin

PS - Tomorrows weather is meant to be good as well then back to normal I'm afraid for Monday. sad